logo
logo

Unique material can be extracted from the lobster tails

avatar
Anthony Couture
img

the Discovery could open the way for bullet-proof, flexible material.

Evolution has refined the humrarnas construction for over 100 million years, and they are sitting on secrets that could contribute to the new material.

MIT has been interested in their shell, or more specifically, the underside of the animal's tail.

Where the joined skalsegmenten of a stretchable, transparent membrane, which has a unique structure.

It consists to 90 per cent water and the remaining 10 per cent is made up primarily of chitin, a fibrous materials that contribute to the movement in the exoskeletten in insects and crustaceans.

the Researchers ' survey showed that humrarnas membrane is the most durable hydrogel that nature can muster – including tougher than collagen, animal skin and natural rubber.

collect
0
avatar
Anthony Couture
guide
Zupyak is a free content platform for publishing and discovering stories, software and startups.