What is the first thing that comes to your mind when we say Goa? Beaches, right? And why shouldn’t it be, the beaches in Goa have been the center of attraction for years. There’s something unique, something very magnetic about the beaches in Goa which manages to attract millions of tourists every year. When you see the crystal white sands, the long range of palm trees along the shoreline, the serene landscapes and the rejuvenating atmosphere in goa beaches images, it definitely makes you want to go to Goa immediately!
The beauty of the Goan beaches is not just about the landscapes anymore. There are a number of things to do on these beaches which one simply cannot miss. The beaches in Goa are the hotshot destination for some of the most thrilling activities like parasailing, and if you’re looking for some more adventure, you can indulge in the water adventure sports here – right from boat rides, cruise rides to surfing and snorkeling.
If you think that the beaches in Goa are all about the ocean and the sand, then you haven’t experienced the various events which take place here. Events like music nights by the camp fire take place on the beaches here, which is truly a mesmerizing experience to have.
But not all tourists are the same, most of the tourists visit Goa for a relaxing vacation, to spend time away from the crowds. And there’s an answer for that too – South Goa! The beaches in South Goa are particularly famous for the tranquil beaches where you can just sit, relax and have a rejuvenating experience.
Primarily, there are two types of people in Goa: first, who visit Goa for the hippie culture, the nightlife and the thrilling adventure sports, and two, who visit Goa for a tranquil time away from the crowds. And Goa has a perfect destination for all of these people. The beaches in North Goa are more suited for the young crowds, the people who are here for the beaches and the booze. On the other hand, the beaches in South Goa are perfect for the people seeking an undisturbed vacation.
Here’s a list of all the beaches in North Goa you should check out:
- Calangute beach: Calangute is the longest beach in North Goa, and is known as the Queen of Beaches for all the right reasons. There are multiple water adventure sports available here, along with a lot of restaurants with shacks where you can sit back with a drink and relax. The best way to explore Calangute is on a bicycle. You can rent one here and roam around! Calangute also hosts some popular pubs and resorts in the area nearby which you can explore.
- Baga beach: Baga beach starts where Calangute beach ends. This beach has its own charm, and is pretty popular for its happening nightlife. There are pubs here which are open all night, and hosts some of the craziest parties as well. Baga beach is also popular for water sports.
- Anjuna beach: Once known for hippies, Anjuna beach still carries the reputation of the hippie culture. People from all around the globe visit Anjuna beach only for this hippie vibe. They play trance music during the sunsets and the atmosphere there is just electric! Curlies is a popular restaurant here which you should definitely visit. Anjuna is also famous for the flea market; where you can buy any items from various artifacts to clothing and jewelry.
- Candolim beach: Candolim beach starts from the famous Aguada fort and ends at Chapora fort. It is one of the most popular beaches in North Goa, and is clean despite being crowded. Water sports are definitely a cherry on the cake on this beach. Candolim also offers a couple of options for a great nightlife experience in North Goa.
- Vagator beach: Vagator beach is the most intriguing beach amongst all the beaches in North Goa. The Vagator beach is a bit rocky and it is advisable to be cautious while swimming in the ocean. Even though being a secluded beach, Vagator beach does justice to being in North Goa with the water adventure sports and the amazing shacks. There are a couple of beach-events which take place at this beach during winters.
- Morjim beach: Morjim beach has a perfect ecosystem to host the Olive Ridley turtles every year. Since the nearby villages have a Russian immigrant population, Morjim is also called as ‘Little Russia’. Morjim beach also has a variety of options for nearby pubs and resorts to explore.
- Arambol beach: Tagged as one of the most beautiful beaches in Goa, there are plenty of food options to explore on the restaurants on this beach.
Apart from these popular beaches, there are many other beaches in North Goa like Chapora beach, Mandrem beach, Ashwem beach, Sinquerim beach etc. which offer the same electric atmosphere as these, but are unique in their own ways.
Now for the tranquil beaches in Goa, let’s take a tour of the pristine sands of South Goa:
- Mobor beach: This beach is one of the most popular destinations in Goa. Even though it is a bit crowded, the beach has its own charm. The landscapes here are too picturesque to be true! One can also find a wide range of activities to do here.
- Palolem beach: Palolem beach is a perfect beach for the couples. The soft sand accompanied by a cool breeze and palm trees make it a unique experience altogether. There are a couple of popular beach shacks available here where you can sit back and enjoy your vacation away from the crowds.
- Cavelossim beach: The contrast colors of the black rocks and white sands is a view you cannot forget. Cavelossim beach is the kind of beach where you spend time lazing around. Having a long coastline, Cavelossim beach is ideal for activities like Kayaking or just a walk along the shoreline. If you’re looking for options for a nightlife here, Cavelossim also has a couple of pubs in the area nearby.
- Betalbatim beach: The best part of Betalbatim beach is that it is one of the most uncrowded beaches in Goa. If you’re looking to spend some time alone with the sun and sand, away from the city crowds, this is the perfect location for you. Amongst the other beaches in Goa, Betalbatim is pretty popular for dolphin sightings.
- Agonda beach: Agonda beach is a versatile beach where you can visit if you want to enjoy sunbathing, swimming or just relaxing. The simplicity of this beach is its key feature. One can also enjoy a few of the adventure sports here, like parasailing, surfing, etc.
- Colva beach: Located just 6 km from Margao, Colva beach is yet another gem of South Goa. The coconut groves along the white sands is one of the best landscapes you’ll find in Goa. The Menino Jesus statue is a popular attraction in this area and a trip here is incomplete without visiting this statue. There are a couple of pretty famous resorts and pubs in the nearby area.
South Goa is a much wider area, and apart from these popular beaches, you can also explore other beaches in South Goa like Benaulim beach, Bogmalo beach, Majorda beach, etc.
These are some of the most pristine beaches of Goa. Amongst all these, the Arambol beach, Vagator beach, Morjim beach, Colva beach, Ashwem beach Ozran beach and Anjuna beach are the best Goa beaches for foreigners.
If you’re looking to plan a trip to these beautiful beaches, we can help you explore these options in detail, suitable for your needs. To know more, contact us at our company website https://www.goa.biz/