Google is the leading search engine, and there is no doubt that it values your precious content more than any other search engine. However, it doesn’t mean other search engines are not worth posting your content. Instead, when you only target your customers through Google, you miss a lot of potential clients on other popular search engines such as Bing, Yahoo, DuckDuckGo, Ask.com, and more.
In order to get the maximum positive results from your creative content, you have to ensure that you always optimize your content for every single search engine your consumers use. There are many marketers that only focus on Google search and don’t target other search engines without having any idea about what they are losing.
However, it can be a challenge for writers to optimize their content for multiple search engines at once. On the other hand, writing SEO-friendly content for one specific search engine is not that difficult.
In this article, you will learn how to optimize your content for various search engines.
Study What Search Engines are Best for You
Before we optimize the content for more than one search engine, we need to know, “which search engines are relevant for your brand and content?” You should also see which search engines are likely to have the audience that you are looking for.
Here are some popular search engines in the present market other than Google:
- Bing: It is the official search engine by Microsoft that has an impressive share in the market.
- Yahoo!: It is powered by Bing and utilizes the same technology. However, it is pretty different from Bing and has a different user base. Though, you can use the same strategies for Bing and Yahoo.
- DuckDuckGo: It is a privacy-based search engine that doesn’t let anyone track user data. It can be hard to optimize content for a specific audience group in DuckDuckGo.
- Ecosia: It is a search engine that is intentionally eco-friendly and encourages users to donate money for tree planting practices.
- Ask.com: As the name suggests, its sole motive is to provide relevant answers to users’ questions. It is a query-based search engine, and when use asks something from it, it shows content and results that are appropriate for the query.
Seeing Ahead Of Google Analytics
The first and foremost step is to start looking further from Google Analytics and using other sources of traffic details. Many marketers only use Google Analytics to track and study traffic behavior, but always bear in mind that it will only tell about users on Google.
In order to get the customer behavior of other search engines, you will need to try something else. Various tools on the market let you analyze various search engines from a single place such as Ahrefs, SEMrush, and SimilarWeb.
You can check the features of these tools before making a purchase as these tools are developed privately and paid. With the in-depth analysis of web-traffic of various search engines, these tools have other cool features such as keyword research, backlink checker, and more.
Follow Search Engines on Social Media In order to optimize your content for various search engines, you need to be updated with their terms, policies, rules, algorithms, and other details. Following them on social media will help you to learn what content they like or what they discard. So be sure to do this as well. Also, there are some informative websites and blogs that provide content optimization tips for these search engines, so you can subscribe to their emails.
Hariom Balhara is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles for E Global Soft Solutions. E Global Soft Solutions is a digital marketing, seo, smo and web development company that comes with massive experiences. We specialize in digital marketing, web design and development, graphic design, and a lot more.