There is some interesting science focusing on the deep connection human emotions have with colour. With some psychologists indicating that room colour on some level may affect mood, it’s worth looking into how room colour can effect you.
The choice of colours depict a lot about human personality and is associated with a person’s psychology. Some shades are relaxing, some energetic, while others might induce aggression and can make feel gloomy. Different shades trigger various emotions differing between people. Brightness, a saturation of multiple hues, is connected with brain functioning.
Intense colours like red, yellow, orange create a warm, lively, and energetic atmosphere. Subtle colours like green, purple, and violet, white are pristine, thus gives a relaxing and calming effect. It’s worth keeping this is in mind when choosing the colour for your home, office, or any other space you maybe painting.
Let’s have a quick look at how paint affects your mood:-
The colour red stimulates and encourages communication between people; some of the great ideas are to use red in entryways, kitchens and living rooms. People often steer from using red in bedrooms. Each color has a varied effect on mood.
• Yellow brings happiness, optimism, inspiration, positivity, and is an energising colour and can be considered in kitchens, dining rooms, and bathrooms, halls, entry, etc. Yellow is believed to stimulate you and purify the body. However, some people can show different temperaments.
• Blue is believed to regulate blood pressure, respiration, and heart rate, thus being considered a calming and soothing colour. The relaxing effects unwind the mind from stress. Bathrooms and bedrooms can be painted blue. Various soft hues of blue can be painted in large rooms, although dark blue colours can turn down your mood.
• Green is the most pleasant, cheerful, and refreshing colour; green can be painted in any room, keeping interiors and furniture in mind. The living room can be painted green as it promotes a calming effect and comfort.
• Black is the choice of people with a bold character. Since black is flexible, it can be used to enliven things; used less to calm things down. To make the job easier, rely on professional painters who can help decide.
• Purple indicates the rich, luxury, and creativity; it is ideal for bedrooms since it stimulates the imagination. Lavender and lilac bring soothing quality as well.
• Orange induces excitement &enthusiasm. If you are a fitness freak, this may be the colour for you! Try painting your home gym with orange to invoke all the energy you need to perform a great workout session. Orange is believed to rebuild the lungs and boost energy levels.
Choosing paint may appear to be easy but can be tricky as there is more to colour than meets the eye.
If you are looking for professional advice on what colour will work best for your home or office, contact Mackay Pro Painters now!