Online FSSAI License in India
Apply for FSSAI License with Food Registration Online Consultant India! Get real deals, juicy terms and pay the charge at confect amounts. You can obtain your FSSAI license even before you get your Food order! The main aim of the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India or FSSAI Registration Online is to scale back the probabilities of food adulteration, substandard or inferior food products, and improve the accountability of makers by granting them a license for foodservice business.
Eligibility to FSSAI License
- Each food business owner has an annual turnover that doesn't cross the income of INR 12 Lakhs per annum.
- Any food retailer who deals in food products.
- An individual who manufactures or sells any food product by themselves.
- If the temporary stallholder carryout the foodstuff sales.
- Any cottage or food industry or small-scale industry that deals in the food business and has a food production capacity of up to 100 KGS or 100 LTRS per day. But this production capacity doesn't include meat production and meal production.
- Any small-scale industry that deals within the food business, and procures, collects, and handles up to 500 LTRS of milk every day.
- Any food industry or small-scale industry that has the slaughtering capacity of accommodating two large animals or ten small animals or fifty poultry birds per day.
- An individual who distributes food in any religious or social affair except a caterer.
Documents Required for FSSAI Registration
FSSAI registration is usually applicable for petty food retailers, and therefore the procedure for obtaining FSSAI registration is simple. The documents required for FSSAI registration are:
1.Photo of Food Business Operator.
2.Document for Identity Proof like Ration Card, Voter ID Card, PAN Card, Driving License, Passport, Aadhar Card, Senior Citizen Card, Department Issued ID.
3.Supporting Documents (if any):- NOC by Municipality or Panchayat, Health NOC.
Types of FSSAI/ Food Licence
- FSSAI Basic License
- FSSAI State License
- FSSAI Central License
The information listed below is useful if an individual is planning to operate a food business in India.
- Basic registration - Basic Registration is important when the annual turnover is a smaller amount than 12 lakh; the registration should be done.
- State License - An application shall be made for a state license if the annual turnover is between 12-20 crores.
- Central License - If the annual turnover is above 20 Crores, then the food business must apply for a Central license.
Based on the kinds mentioned above, the annual turnover, a food business operator has got to apply and obtain an FSSAI license mandatorily. Hence, the business's smooth-running must get the FSSAI License as there are some penalties and legal charges to face as the laws become stringent lately.
Validity Time of FSSAI Licence
FSSAI license validity stretches out from 1 to five years. According to the FSSAI rules, the food business operator is required to appeal for the renewal of the license in 30 days and it should be made before its expiry. Any FSSAI renewal application filed exceeding the expiry date is required to pay a late fee of Rs.100 per day for every day of delay. So, it’s essential for all food business operators to track and assure that their FSSAI license is valid at every time.
Procedure to get FSSAI License
To obtain FSSAI License, a Food business operator can visit https://www.fssailicense.org/#procedure and fill in all the required details like the name of the business, email ID, mobile number, address, nature of business, and pin code. After filling all the small print applicant must pay the licensing fee by clicking on ‘Validate and Pay’. After clicking on ‘Validate and Pay’, five tabs will appear with mentioned fees and validity of the certificate. Click on the specified tab and pay the quantity to urge the FSSAI License online.
FSSAI Registration Process
Food Business Operators (FBOs) can register under FSSAI by clicking here
Steps for FSSAI Registration
Step 1: Food business operators got to register them with the Registration Authority by submitting registering fee of Rs. 100/- for one year
Step 2: Foodservice operators after registering are required to fill within the form ‘Form A’ with a fee of Rs. 100/-
Step 3: After form submission, the applicant shall receive a 14 digit Unique Application Reference Number
Step 4: Within 7 days of form submission, Registering Authority (RA) shall issue the registration certificate or reject the appliance, counting on their verification and observation
Step 5: Food business operator may start the business once he/she receives approval certificate from the Registering Authority
Step 6: If required, RA may issue notice for inspection and therefore the order shall tend within 7 days
Step 7:Inspection will be done in 30 days and post that Food Business Operator can start the business. Information required to be submitted within the registration form
- Quality of food, not in-abidance as per the Act: Rs. 2 Lakhs, Rs. 25000 for petty manufacturers
- For misbranded food products: Rs. 5 Lakhs
- For substandard or low-quality food products: Rs. 3 Lakhs
- For false promotion or misleading advertisement or false description Rs. 10 Lakhs
- For not pertinent matters in the food product: Rs. 1 Lakh
- For failing to follow with the food safety officer's directions: Rs. 2 Lakhs
- For using unhygienic methods of processing or preparing or manufacturing food items: Rs. 1 Lakh
In India, FSSAI registration or Food License is prime for each food business operator before starting the food business. FSSAI License is similarly imperative to be renewed within the time period or before it expires.
The food license issued to the food business operator can have a validity of 1 year or up to five years. FSSAI registration fees vary as per the tenure of the FSSAI License. As per the FSSAI rules, each food business operator must apply for FSSAI renewal 30 days before the expiry of the present food license.
Penalty on FSSAI Licence Renewal: If the appliance for FSSAI License (state and Central) renewal isn't documented within the stipulated time, then Rs. 100 per day would be fined for FSSAI licenses.
Penalty on FSSAI Registration Renewal: If Renewal of Food registration isn't done within the stipulated time then it'll be considered as a niche and a replacement license would wish to be applied by the food business operator to continue the business further.
Apply FSSAI License registration will keep it up being in power till the time arranges on the FSSAI renewal application are passed that has got to be past 30 days from the date of expiry of FSSAI license.