WHAT IS DPC?
- it is an alternative model for primary medical care that recreates the fundamental partnership between patient and medical professional to enhance access, improve quality of care, and reduce costs
- offers primary care services at affordable prices for a flat monthly fee paid by the patient or their employer
- increases access through a more reasonable number of patients per provider, responsive scheduling, and more direct communication with your healthcare professional
- improved health outcomes and patient experience are achieved from the investment between you and your healthcare provider
- removes our patients, and their care, from the arbitrary, intrusive decisions that inevitably follow with third-party payers (insurance). furthermore, this arrangement frees us from the typical contractual agreements that prevents practitioners from offering reduced prices on laboratory tests and imaging
WHAT IT’S NOT.
it’s not an insurance program or plan — it is primary medical care
it’s not encumbered by standard billing organizations, insurance authorization, third party payers, or other organization that impede your care — it is direct care
it’s not concierge care — costs of care are comparable to the current fee-for-service model, but improved access provides better utilization for more expensive resources, such as reducing repetitive tests, radiology studies, and emergency department utilization
it’s not a substitute for insurance — insurance is still needed for serious medical problems and for coverage for complex care — direct primary care exists alongside of major medical insurance, which may be needed in case of accidents and serious illnesses. Read more..