It's not unreasonable to say that the nearby cafe is frequented by the majority of the population. Maybe it's a weekend tradition for you, or maybe it's part of your everyday routine. In any case, it's easy to fall into the habit of ordering a coffee drink and then discarding the disposable cup. Make sure to look for the best travel coffee cup.
So, what's the harm in considering the alternative? Here are six reasons why using a reusable coffee mug, tumbler, or cup is well worth the effort.
- Styrofoam: The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that 25 billion styrofoam cups are discarded in the United States per year, with the potential to last 500 years in landfills. Polystyrene, a petroleum-based substance, is used to make Styrofoam. Styrene is carcinogenic and has been shown to leach from polystyrene, particularly when the inside liquid was hot, in addition to the environmental damage.
- Paper: Although paper can seem to be a better option than styrofoam, paper cups are lined with a form of plastic known as polyethylene to keep the cup from being mushy. The right best reusable coffee cup can serve you the best.
- Plastic cups for iced beverages: To-go iced beverage plastic cups are made of #5 polypropylene plastic. Although they are technically recyclable, most curbside recycling services will not allow them. Alternatively, for long-lasting iced coffee, you might use a reusable insulated tumbler.
- Coffee tastes great when it's served in a ceramic or stainless steel tumbler. Your reusable mug would not rust because it is made of high-quality 18/8 stainless steel. And double-walled mugs provide the required insulation (both hot and cold) for a refined and relaxing beverage that can last for hours.
- You can save money by using a reusable coffee cup. Most coffee shops now offer you a discount if you bring your cup. You can save up to £0.50 per cup by doing so. As a result, it's worth looking into the discounts offered by your favorite coffee shops. You can also use our reusable coffee cup savings calculator to see how much money you can save for a year.
- They Say Something About You -- Coffee is now regarded as a status symbol. Everyone wants to be known as the person who knows where to get the best coffee in town and has one of their cups in their hand. A reusable cup, on the other hand, makes a bigger point, particularly to other coffee connoisseurs in the know.
So, make sure to choose the best travel coffee mugs and experience the difference.