The fitbit com setup Aria smart scales include Wi-Fi connectivity and can determine a user's weight, BMI, and lean mass, or body fat percentage.
Each scale displays the data on its screen before transmitting it to the Fitbit servers, where it is synced with the account of the linked Fitbit user. This information is available in simple charts and visualizations on any of the free Fitbit applications.
The Fitbit Aria scale may be shared by up to eight people. By comparing their data to the present person standing on the scale, the smart gadget instantly recognizes who is using it.
Quickly and easily set up your Fitbit Aria
The Fitbit Aria and Fitbit Aria 2 are bathroom scales that link to your computer or smartphone to track your weight. To swap accounts, you won't need to log in or out after the first Fitbit Aria setup.
What You'll Need to Get a Fitbit Aria Scale-Up and Running
You'll need the following items to set up your fitbit.com setup Aria scale.
● The name and password for your home Wi-Fi network.
● Option 1: A free Fitbit app loaded on a tablet, smartphone, or PC. In addition to Windows 10 PCs and Windows 10 Mobile Windows phones, the Fitbit app is available for iOS and Android tablets and smartphones.
● Option 2: A computer with either a Windows or a Mac operating system.
How to Use the Fitbit App to Set Up a Fitbit Aria
The fastest and easiest method to set up a Fitbit Aria 2 smart scale is to use the official Fitbit app. It is strongly suggested that you use an iOS, Android, or Windows 10 smartphone. The setup procedures for the original Fitbit Aria and the Fitbit Aria 2 are nearly identical. The only change will be the extra user icon selection choices available to Fitbit Aria 2 customers.
1. Pull off the paper tag on the back of your Fitbit Aria 2 smart scale to allow the batteries to connect to the device. The Aria 2 will automatically switch on. If you have a Fitbit Aria scale from the first generation, you'll also need to remove one battery, wait 10 seconds, and then reinsert it to start the setup mode.
2. Make sure your Fitbit Aria is on a hardwood or tiled surface.
3. On your smartphone, tablet, or computer, launch the Fitbit app. You will be requested to log in if you are not already logged in.
4. Make sure your Bluetooth is switched on on your device.
5. Select the symbol that resembles a membership card (a horizontal rectangle with a circle and three lines inside). This will lead you to a website where you may manage your accounts and devices.
6. Choose Set Up a Device from the drop-down menu.
7. A list of Fitbit devices will appear on the following screen. Locate and choose your Aria model from the list.
8. The device's summary screen will appear after that. To proceed, select Set Up Your Fitbit Aria 2 (or Aria).
9. The next screen contains links to the usage and privacy rules. Please read them and then choose I Agree.
10. The app will then automatically look for your Fitbit Aria. The Fitbit Aria scale will show a four-digit PIN number, which you must enter into the app. To link this scale to your Fitbit account, enter the code in the app.
11. Your app will begin the Wi-Fi setup so that your Aria can sync data to the Fitbit servers after the smart scale processes the PIN code. To begin the procedure, select Next.
12. A list of accessible Wi-Fi networks will appear in the Fitbit app. Choose yours.
13. Choose Connect after entering your Wi-Fi password.
14. A tick will appear on your Fitbit Aria's display if it was able to connect to your Wi-Fi network, and your app will display a message verifying the connection. To continue, tap Next on the app.
15. You will select a symbol to represent yourself when using the Fitbit Aria 2 scale at the following stage. After each time you weigh yourself, this indicator will appear on the Aria 2's screen to indicate that the data is syncing with the right Fitbit account. Choose your favorite icon and then click Select.
16. After that, the Fitbit app will give you some pointers on how to use the Aria scale. To go on to the next tip, select Next.
17. A test weight will be requested by the Fitbit app at some point. Step on the Aria while removing your shoes and socks. Within the app, tap Next.
18. After that, you'll notice some more Fitbit Aria hints. To go through these windows and complete the setup procedure, select Next.
The screen may display your selected icon, a cross, and a tick option during your test weigh, or your first weigh session after setting up the Fitbit Aria 2, to ensure that the proper individual was on the scale before uploading the data to their Fitbit account.
If this happens, get off the scale and tap the relevant side with one foot. Select the right to ensure the proper symbol is displayed if the cross appears on the left and the tick appears on the right. Select the left to inform Aria 2 that it has detected the incorrect account.
How to Use a Mac or PC to Set Up a Fitbit Aria
If you don't have access to a smartphone or tablet, you may utilize an alternative setup approach that involves downloading software from the Fitbit website. If you have a Windows 10 PC, downloading the Fitbit app and following the procedures outlined above is strongly recommended because it is far more dependable.
1. Open your chosen internet browser on your Mac or PC and navigate to https://www.fitbit.com/setup/aria.
2. Open the appropriate software on your computer after downloading it.
3. Choose to Get Started.
4. Enter your email and a unique password to log in to your Fitbit account or create a new one.
5. After then, the software will prompt you to name your Aria scale. It may be called whatever you choose. Select Next once you've given it a name.
6. After that, you'll put your scale in Setup Mode. Remove the paper slip from the fitbit.com/setup Aria's battery door to do so. If everything is done successfully, the Aria's display will show that it is in Setup Mode.
7. Enter the name and password for your Wi-Fi network in the application. To finish the setup, your computer will transmit this information to your Aria, which will connect to Fitbit's servers. It might take up to two minutes to accomplish this task.
8. A smiling face symbol will appear on your Aria's display if it is successful, and the application on your computer will display a completion message.
What's the Difference Between Fitbit Aria and Fitbit Aria 2?
Both Fitbit Aria smart scales can detect weight, BMI, and lean mass, as well as sync data to Fitbit accounts online. The Fitbit Aria 2 does, however, have a few enhancements over the original. The Fitbit Aria 2 differs in the following ways.
● The Fitbit Aria 2's readings are now more accurate.
● With a bigger screen, the physical design is slightly different.
● Improved Wi-Fi network compatibility, which enables it to detect and connect to a wider range of Wi-Fi signals.
● The Fitbit Aria 2 includes Bluetooth capability, allowing it to connect to a fitbit.com/setup app on a Bluetooth-enabled device like a smartphone or tablet.
● The Aria 2's weight limit has been raised to 400 pounds. The original Aria could only be used by people who weighed less than 350 pounds.
● The Fitbit Aria 2's screen has animated welcomes and symbols for each user.