The University of Wisconsin Credit Union, commonly called as UWUC or UW Credit Union, is the 4th-larget credit union in Wisconsin. Just like any other commercial bank, the credit union offers over 100 surcharge-free ATMs in the state and has an array of financial services such as credit and debit cards, mortgages, savings and investment products, consumer loans, educational loans, and more. If you recently signed up for a UW Credit Union card and want to use it for purchases and bill payments, you have got to activate it first. The activation process can be carried out online at uwcu.org/activate.
Step-by-Step Guide to Activate UWCU Card at uwcu.org/activate
Let’s take a quick look at the activation process below.
- Open your computer and make sure it is connected to a stable Internet connection.
- Go to the URL bar and type org/activate.
- Once the page opens, you will see the “Please log in to activate your card” message on the top.
- Next, you need to enter the registered “Username” and “Password” before clicking the button that says “Log In”.
There you go! You are now logged in. Just follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process. It shouldn’t take more than three minutes if you have the card details with you.
As soon as your card is activated, you will see a success message on the screen. You are now ready to use the card at your favorite places and enjoy shopping.
Are You a New User?
What do new users do to activate their UW Credit Union Cards? Since anyone can use this activation process to activate their cards, first timers will need to register first. Here’s how you can do it.
- You will need to visit the uwcu.org/activate page on your computer.
- Click the link that says “New User”.
- It will take you to a new page where you will have to enter the required details to complete the registration process.
Before you access the “New User” link, you should better be ready with a few details like “Member Number” and “Social Security”.
Failing to provide these details will result in the failure of the registration process. If you have any doubt or query, reach out to UWCU professionals.
After registering yourself, you can sign in to your UW Credit Union account.
- Access the home page of UWCU and click the “Log In” option.
- Enter the credentials – username and password.
- Next, click the “Log In” button to complete the sign-in process.
Did you run into some error? Are you unable to access your UWCU account? Here’s how you can reset your password and get access to your account again.
- On the uwcu.org/activate page, you will need to select “Forgot Username or Password?”
- You will be directed to another page. Here, you will be asked to enter the following details to confirm you are the account owner.
- Enter your –
- Social Security or ITIN
- Member Number of Any Account or Card Number
- Click “Next Step” to complete a couple of more steps.
- There you go! You will be able to reset the password of your UWCU account.
Similarly, you can retrieve your username. After getting your hands on your username or password, continue accessing your account on your computer or mobile.