The global milk protein market is set to witness growth at a CAGR of 5.6% and top a valuation of US$ 19.7 Bn by 2032. Casein, the most found milk protein, can be of several types, such as α-s2, α-s1, 6 and ß types, with different genetic variations, amino acid compositions, and functional properties. The micelle, a complex in which caseins are suspended in milk.
Casein micelles are stable in nature but have dynamic structures, which can be cooled or heated to boiling, or can be dried and restructured in different formats without any adverse effects. ß-casein can migrate in and out of micelle along with calcium phosphate, while there is any change in temperature, without affecting the protein and minerals nutritional properties in the solution.
As caseins are heat treatment stable ingredients, HTST (high temperature short time) pasteurization cannot affect nutritional and functional properties of the casein proteins. Thus even applying high temperature to a product contains casein can cause few interactions between whey proteins and casein present in the solution, that may or may not change the functional effects of the product, but the nutritional properties remain same.
For instance, ß-lactoglobulin forms a specific layer over casein micelle to prevent curd formation in cheese at high temperatures. All of the aforementioned characteristics are generating heavy demand of casein as a milk protein from food, beverage, infant formula, and dietary supplements industries.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The milk protein market is worth of US$ 11.4 Bn sales in 2022.
- The milk protein market is expected to expand at CAGRs of 5.6% through 2032.
- Global milk protein demand is projected to grow year-on-year (Y-o-Y) growth of 5.5% in 2022.
- The milk protein market is growing with a notable boost towards the production to reach USD 19.7 Bn by 2032.
- Increase in requirement of new food additives, advancement in food technology, and enhanced quality of milk protein are the factors driving growth of the market and to be the influencing factors among consumers, which is driving sales of milk protein across global markets.
- Demand for milk protein grew at 4.8% CAGR between 2017 and 2021.
- Cargill, Inc., Saputo, Inc., Glanbia Plc., Kerry Group Plc., and Arla Foods are expected to be the top players in the industry.
- Milk protein isolate with powdered form segment are in heavy demand from infant formula industry carrying a notable market share.
“Due to the increasing intake of protein-rich products by health conscious consumers because of the rising concerns of poor metabolic health conditions among the population of developing and advanced nations like the US and China, demand for milk protein is growing with each passing day as a part of dietary supplements to provide the body with high nutritional and protein content items sourced from milk,” says a Future Market Insights analyst.
Key milk protein brands are looking for new strategic partnerships to develop the applications in food and beverage industry, along with infant formula and dietary supplements, while core business brands are focusing on developing nutritional and high quality food solutions to customers with several product innovations.
Ø On 15th September 2021, Arla Foods Ingredients launched a new product, named as Lacprodan Premium MFGM-10, which is an MFGM (milk fat globule membrane) ingredient in a dry blend version to provide more flexibility to different end recipes, which can be produced from this one base powder only. The product is marketed with infant formula category as well to reduce production costs and energy usage without compromising on quality and safety of the product.
Explore More Valuable Insights
Future Market Insights, in its new report, offers an impartial analysis of the global milk protein market, presenting historical data (2017-2021) and estimation statistics for the forecast period of 2022-2032.
The study offers compelling insights based on product type (concentrates, hydrolyzed, isolates, and others), form (powder, liquid, paste/spreadable, and others), and application (food & beverages, nutraceuticals & dietary supplements, pharmaceutical, cosmetics & personal care, infant formula, pet care industry, and others), across seven major regions of the world.
Information Source: https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/milk-protein-market