One of our automotive manufacturing client in Aurora, ON is looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Specialist for their facility.
Shift - Days
- Participate in Continuous Improvement activities and assist in implementing change on an ongoing basis throughout the company to improve safety, quality, productivity and environment.
- Investigates any new concepts or ideas that could improve any aspect specific to manufacturing/production.
- Participates and drives Continuous Improvement teams as a team member or leader and provides the team with expertise, direction and advice. Responsible as a team leader to manage the Continuous Improvement project by documenting each meeting, establishing timelines, goals, objectives and working within budget parameters.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of PFMEA documentation. Leads RPN reduction activities within the plant.
- Updates and maintains overall plant layout.
- Monitors the progress of jobs being performed by vendor(s), Tool and/or Maintenance room and provides direction as necessary.
- Facilitate training sessions to internal employees on an as needed basis (may include welding, robotics, PLC).
- Responsible for documenting current projects e.g. cost, quotes, pay back, timelines, goals, etc. and provides information to management.
- Co-ordinates the implementation of ECN’s (Engineering Change Notices), internally or customer driven.
- Develops and keeps Master Data (i.e. routings, BOM) and is responsible for validating and maintaining manufacturing process routings.
- Responsible for updating and product related documentation, e.g. set-up and operator instruction sheets, etc. and providing operator training as required. Assists operators in trouble shooting issues related to new equipment and provides recommendations on corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- Train maintenance employees on how to maintain equipment and follow procedures when trouble-shooting for equipment related to the Continuous Improvement projects.
- Works co-operatively with Program Manager on new product launches to develop the budget and equipment acquisition when requested. Supports new launch start-ups in the plant.
- Review and support the plants with Technical Variances.
- Initiates and performs engineering tryouts.
- Monitors and assists operations on capacity validation activities.
- Assists in Managing Engineering inventory location (2500) for the plants. Your Profile
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience within a manufacturing environment, preferably automotive stampings, welding, mechanical and modular assemblies
- College Diploma or University Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical or Robotic) and/or equivalent related work experience.
- Rules, regulations and applicable legislation governing environmental regulations
- Thorough knowledge of IATF 16949/ISO 14001, Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ergonomics, Time Studies, Robotics and Industrial Relations
- Ability to read and interpret blue print drawings
- Sound understanding of Geometric Dimensioning + Tolerancing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate, lead and build/maintain relationships
- Sound computer skills, e.g. MS Word, Excel, Project, Cad Key, email