Everyone looks at the style, the type of stone, and other similar things when buying a neck chain. Also, choosing the right length for stainless steel chains for men will affect how the neck chain will look on you.
There are no standard lengths for neck chains, but you might find it hard to choose the right length. What you might not know is how personal and unique the length of a chain is.
There is no one size fits all solution because the human body has so many different shapes.
So, we'll go over everything you need to think about and how to get a neck chain at the right length.
The Different Lengths of Neck chains
Most men's neck chains are about 50 cm (20 inches) long. This hangs between the top two buttons of a shirt at the collar bone and looks good both inside and outside the shirt. If you want your pendant necklace to end in the middle of your chest, choose a length between 55 and 63 cm (22 and 25 inches). Other lengths of neck chains are as follows:
· 35-45 cm (14-18 inches) – It fits close to the body and will show above your shirt. With long necks, you may need one that is slightly longer than Adam's apple.
· 50-55 cm (20-22 inches) - For men, the most common length of a necklace ends just below the collarbone. The shirt can either be worn on the outside or inside. It's a standard and adaptable option for men who prefer chains with a minimal amount of drape or hang.
· 55-61 cm (22-24 inches) - With a pendant, medallion, or dog tags, it looks fantastic on the chest. It can either be worn on its own or tucked into a shirt in front of the sternum. Men with long torsos can benefit from this length.
· 61-76 cm (24-30 inches) - Designed to be worn on top of a shirt or jacket. It looks best when worn on a longer chain or with a larger pendant—a real head-turner.
If you're wearing a chain, a width of 2-6 mm is a good starting point. The thickness of a pendant should not overpower the chain it is attached to. The larger the diameter of the gold chain, the more bling you'll get out of it— 35 cm (14 inches) long chains with a 12 mm width.
Tips on Measuring the Length of the Neck Chain
1. Using An Existing Neck chain
There are many ways to determine whether a certain neck chain length will work, but one of the most reliable is to measure from an existing neck chain you own. Wearing your favorite outfits while measuring the length is the best way to do it.
If you don't have a neck chain to compare, you can still use the method by using a soft measuring tape, string, or ribbon to achieve an accurate measurement.
2. Standing in Front of the Mirror
Standing in front of a mirror while taking measurements is the simplest and most accurate way to do this. Ask the help of your friend or anyone in the room to hold the ends together. By doing this, you can learn about the best lengths for your body type.
Try on a few different styles while you're at it. Your jewelry collection will benefit from this information. The shape of a pendant is typically V-shaped once you wear it.
Good stainless steel neck chains such as Gold Stainless Steel Franco Link Chain by INOX Jewelry are an excellent accessory for any well-dressed man, just like a ring, a necktie, or a good set of cufflinks.
Even though you shouldn't wear it every day or with every outfit, unless you have it for religious reasons, you should ensure it's the right length and made of good materials.
Don't forget to get more than one piece—you need to be able to mix and match them. So, add to your collection and make sure you have something to wear on different days or for various events.