Choosing the right bathroom floor tiles for the bathroom is as important as choosing the flooring for any other room in the house.
There are two main qualities you should always consider when choosing the right floor for your bathroom. These qualities are the material's durability and the material's water resistance.
It is obvious that the bathroom is one of the most heavily used rooms in the home, in addition to the fact there is often a great deal of foot traffic in the room while bathing and showering in the bathroom, as well as the heat and humidity that accompany these activities. To make your bathroom flooring as stylish as possible, it is necessary to consider both practical and stylish options when selecting flooring.
When designing or redecorating your bathroom, choosing the type of flooring that will work best for the space is very important.
You are planning on renovating your bathroom, but you are not sure what kind of flooring to choose for the floor to make it look good. In this article, we will give you some tips so you can choose the type of flooring for your bathroom based on your floor.
You can choose what you like the most as you better understand which flooring options are best suited to a bathroom. This article considers the types of flooring ideal for bathroom use so that you can make an informed decision when choosing to floor for your bathroom renovation project.
Flooring made of vinyl Several waterproof flooring materials are available, including wood plastic composites (WPCs) and
stone plastic composites (SPCs). It may be that one of these styles looks better than the other, depending on the style of the bathroom remodel you are doing.
Pros of Vinyl Flooring:
• Taking care of vinyl flooring is a breeze if you regularly follow a regular mopping routine.
• An affordable option.
• An outstanding versatility.
• Many designs look great with this type of flooring.
• It is an easy enough process for you to do it yourself.
• The material is resistant to scratching.
Cons of Vinyl Flooring:
• Since wood-plastic composite flooring meets such high standards, it is more expensive than other flooring types.
• The vinyl option is less costly than other vinyl options, but it will not add value to the resale value of your home.
• When sharp objects damage vinyl flooring, it can be difficult and expensive to repair afterward.
• It is not damage-proof (for example, furniture gouges, deep scratches, etc.).
• The return on investment is not as high as that of wood.
• If exposed to sunlight, the material may become discolored.
Flooring made from natural stone
Stone floors are a great option if you want a luxurious upgrade for your bathroom floor. The feeling of space is instantly elevated when it is made of materials such as granite or marble. This is because
manufacturing these tiles takes great effort and logistics. That is why it remains a popular choice for those with impeccable taste whenever choosing between the two options.
Pros of Stone Flooring:
• You will feel a sense of luxury when you have natural stone in your space.
• Since no two pieces of stone are exactly alike, having stone floors gives your bathroom a unique feel.
• It is durable and long-lasting if stone flooring is cared for well.
Cons of Stone Flooring:
• It is important to note that this luxury comes at a price since the resources are limited.
• There is a good chance you will need to reinforce the subfloor before installing stone, as it is cumbersome.
• Remember that your stone floor needs to be sealed and resurfaced regularly to maintain its durability.
A hardwood floor is one of the most durable flooring options that you can choose if you are looking for a flooring option that will not go out of style soon. Your home will not only be more comfortable with it but will also become more valuable with it added in.
A high hardness rating indicates the type of flooring you should use in very active rooms since hardwood flooring is prone to denting. As well as scratching easily, it can create minor marks and marks that are hard to remove with a good buffing.
Pros of Hardwood Flooring
• An elegant and timeless style that is sure to last a lifetime.
• There are wide different varieties to choose from in this category.
• To keep it looking like new, it is recommended that you resurface it every 3–5 years.
Cons of Hardwood Flooring
• Compared to other types of flooring, wood flooring is more expensive.
• The more soft the wood is, the easier it is to get damaged, such as pine or maple.
• Damaged by water/moisture if left exposed to the elements.
• This material is prone to staining and absorbing odors very quickly.
• The surface may become dented over time, or the material may get scraped, scuffed, or scratched.
Flooring made of laminate
If you consider renovating your bathroom, investing in laminate floors can be a horrible idea at first glance. According to some reports, laminate floors can be swollen and buckled due to absorbing
water between their joints. With recent improvements to the design of these floors, you can now use them for spaces more likely to experience high moisture levels, such as bathrooms.
Pros of Laminate Flooring:
• Waterproof laminates are available, and they are also easy to install.
• You can choose this type of flooring to make your bathroom renovation more cohesive by
mimicking natural stone or wood.
• There is no comparison to tile or stone when it comes to comfort when walking on it.
Cons of Laminate Flooring:
• To prevent water from seeping between the seams of laminate flooring, you must make sure you use a particular type of laminate flooring.
• If any areas of laminate are damaged, you would need to replace them instead of refinishing them like hardwood.
Flooring made from engineered wood
Engineered hardwood flooring is made up of a top layer of a real hardwood veneer, and it can easily be mistaken for hardwood flooring because it has a layer of natural wood. It is important to note that
there are several layers of core materials underneath the veneer, which include high-density fiberboard, plywood, or hardwood. A solid hardwood floor is stable thanks to the inner layers, and the veneer ensures that the floor maintains its natural beauty with the same beauty as solid hardwood
Pros of Engineered Hardwood:
• This product has the same timeless look as real wood but is made of synthetic materials.
• There is much less susceptibility to moisture and humidity when it comes to hardwood than other types of wood.
• In addition to blocking moisture, multiple layers also increase the stability of the structure.
• Hardwood is generally more expensive than softwood, but only a small amount.
• An eco-friendly alternative to traditional hardwood flooring.
Cons of Engineered Hardwood:
• There is no difference in scratch and dent resistance between laminate and real hardwood.
• If you want to refinish the veneer, then you can do so once or twice before it becomes too thin for refinishing.
• The product may be susceptible to mold and mildew growth when flooded with water because it is not moisture-proof.
• Hardwood flooring is one of the most expensive options compared to carpet, tiles, and laminates.
Ceramic, Stone, and Porcelain Tile
You can choose from an endless selection of ceramic, porcelain, and stone tiles to match any decor. Furthermore, they are highly durable and waterproof. Rather than having to replace an entire floor if a tile breaks, you can replace single tiles.
Pros of Tile Flooring
• There are so many beautiful options to choose from.
• The material is nonporous and waterproof at the same time.
• Cleans up easily and doesn't require a lot of effort.
Cons of Tile Flooring
• The cost of the flooring can be quite high (compared to the cost of hardwood flooring).
• It is prone to chipping and cracking easily.
You can easily choose a wide range of attractive options for your master bath or powder room flooring if you consider renovating them. These options will suit the bathroom environment so that you can make the best choice. How you want your home to look is one thing, but don't forget to consider your budget and what the different materials require in terms of maintenance. The flooring you choose for your bathroom should be made from porcelain, vinyl, or natural stone because they make excellent flooring choices.
The installation service we provide is among the best in the industry.
As part of our installation service, we make it even easier for you to create the bathroom of your dreams. We aim to coordinate your project from the beginning to the end by working with approved installers.
Our installers can finish your design to your exact specification and fit it to your specifications, so you don't have to worry about finishing touches.
If you are interested in installing new bathroom flooring in this busy part of your home, it does wonders, no matter whether it is gorgeous tile or practical vinyl. While trying to figure out what type of flooring you should buy, consider some of the above mentioned factors.
In addition to any product guarantees we may provide, we also offer a quality guarantee. We offer bathroom flooring options, bathroom flooring ideas, marble tiles, ceramic tiles, kitchen tiles, anti skid tiles, vitrified tiles & bathroom tile designs. The assurances we offer are meant to give you peace of mind. Furthermore, we have a variety of flexible payment and finance options available so that we can cater to any budget.
When it comes to floor function, you will get more value for your money if you have a floor that is beautiful and easy to maintain. We offer various styles and materials to help you find the perfect floor for your home.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you are interested in our installation service and would like to book a free consultation.