When you compare Wix vs Shopify, you are pitting two e-commerce-friendly website builders against each other. Shopify and Wix make creating a website easy and selling online products and services.
Which platform is best for your website or online store will be discussed in this blog by our ALM Digital Services Company. That depends on your specific business needs.
There are a few distinctions between the two website builders. Wix has a free plan, but Shopify does not. Shopify does not provide a free custom domain, whereas Wix does. Shopify's gift card feature is built into the platform, whereas Wix requires a third-party app to offer gift cards.
Both platforms allow you to sell digital goods, but Wix has a 1 GB file size limit, whereas Shopify allows files up to 5 GB. Wix has more product options and variations than Shopify, but Shopify has more real-time shipping options. Wix and Shopify do not charge transaction fees if you use Shopify Payments, but it does charge 0.5% to 2% for other payment gateways.
Ease of Use
Wix and Shopify were designed with the user in mind, but they need to be more complex. It's helpful to understand how each evolved to determine which website builder is best for you.
Wix is designed for people with limited coding and design skills who need a professional online presence. Wix has a plethora of features that can assist you in creating website content, such as "About Us" business descriptions, blogs, and articles. Wix has e-commerce capabilities but was not designed to host online stores.
Shopify is and has always been a tool for creating online stores. Shopify includes content features such as blogs and business description pages, but they are not the platform's primary focus.
The truth is that creating an essential business website is much easier than creating a full-fledged online store because fewer decisions can be made. To get an online store up and running, you must make decisions about payment gateways, tax calculations, product variations, shopping cart functionality, shipping options, return policies and procedures, and so on.
Wix and Shopify are both relatively simple to use. Shopify makes it easier to build an online store, especially if you intend to scale it. Wix is easier to use if you're creating a content-rich website with essential e-commerce functions, such as collecting payment for services or selling a limited number of items.
Advantages of Wix
- A plethora of professionally designed templates
- In-built drag-and-drop store builder.
- Provides photo galleries for displaying your store's products.
- Provides 100 completely customizable templates.
- Limitless products and bandwidth
- Free web hosting and SSL certificate
- Make checkout available on your domain.
- A large selection of responsive and eCommerce-designed templates.
- Quick server response time.
- Effective design and SEO tools.
- It includes a large number of templates organized into various categories.
- It offers free hosting and the freedom to design your store exactly how you want it.
- Wix also provides free tutorials on how to use its platform.
- Wix HTML5 editor integrated for customizing each page
- Use the App Market and Wix Events to add features.
- A drag-and-drop builder eliminates the need for coding skills.
- An excellent tool for creating small sites on a budget.
Advantages of Shopify
- Provides checkout abandonment recovery.
- Built-in as well as the platform designed for online store management.
- Exclusive shipping platform with carrier discounts and label printing
- It offers excellent performance as well as a high uptime guarantee.
- It enables you to connect to your domain.
- SEO and marketing optimization
- Shopify provides free hosting, so you must create an account before making your products.
- It offers numerous SEO options and social links to assist with product and website promotion.
- A user-friendly and modern admin area interface
- It should feel natural to every user.
- Plans include Shopify theme website builder features.
- Get immediate assistance with your name, logo, and online presence.
- Using API, developers can quickly build on the platform.
- Shopify experts are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to assist you.
The best solution for you in the Wix vs Shopify debate comes down to what you intend to do with your website. If you need a feature-rich, scalable online store, Shopify is one of the best e-commerce platforms. While Shopify's plans can be expensive, they are well worth the money considering all of the built-in e-commerce features and the 6,000+ third-party integrations.
Wix is best if you need a content-focused website builder with only basic e-commerce functionality. Wix provides affordable website plans, greater design flexibility, and is exceptionally user-friendly. As a result, ALM Digital Services Company can increase demand for your company. We provide a wide range of digital marketing services that can be used to improve a company's overall marketing strategy. Look no further. visit almdigital.com or call us at +971-55-647-0705.