The stigma with Chinese smartphones, especially those sold in the US, is that they more often than not undercut features to keep things wallet-friendly.
Here's a quick rundown of those specs:
• OS: Android 6.0 Marshmallow MiFavor 4.0
• Size: 151.7 x 75 x 7.9 mm
• Weight: 175g
• Display: 5.5" WQHD Super AMOLED 535ppi
• Processor: Snapdragon 820 MSM8996
• RAM: 4GB RAM or 6GB RAM premium version
• Internal Storage: 64GB or 128GB premium version
• microSD card slot dual sim or 1 sim microSD
• Camera rear : 20MP F1.8 with OIS, PDAF
• Camera front : 8MP F2.2
• Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4/5GHz , Bluetooth v4.1 LE, NFC
• Battery: 3,250 mAh
There's a fingerpint scanner on the back, below the rear camera.
The AXON 7 charges via a USB-C port that supports Quick Charge 3.0, no word on the USB Power Delivery standard spec.
The smartphone does boast of a 20 megapixel rear sensor equipped with Phase Detection Autofocus, Optical Image Stabilization, and, impressively, a large f/1.8 aperture.
The front camera is somewhat less impressive, with 8 megapixels and f/2.2 aperture.
ZTE has definitely stepped up its game with the ZTE AXON 7 but has, unfortunately perhaps, also stepped up the price.