The label-free detection market refers to the market for analytical techniques that allow the detection and quantification of biomolecules without the need for labels or tags. These techniques are used in a wide range of applications, including drug discovery, proteomics, and genomics research.
Global label-free detection market Overview
The global Label-free detection market size is estimated to be USD 431 million in 2020 and projected to reach USD 626 million by 2025, at a CAGR of 7.7%.
The Growth in label-free detection market is largely driven by the introduction of technologically advanced products, a growing number of drug discovery programs through academic-industrial partnerships, and the high sensitivity of label-free technologies.
Download PDF Brochure: - https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=32435593
On the basis of product & service, the market is broadly segmented into instruments, consumables and software & services. The consumables segment is further segmented into biosensor chips, microplates and reagents & kits. In 2019, instruments accounted for the largest share of the label-free detection products market owing to the various technological advancements in label-free detection systems.
On the basis of technology, the market is categorized into five technology segments—surface plasmon resonance, bio-layer interferometry, differential scanning calorimetry, isothermal titration calorimetry, and other label-free detection technologies. The surface plasmon resonance segment accounted for the largest share in 2019, due to the high sensitivity of this technology and its wide usage in determining specificity, affinity, and kinetic parameters during the binding of macromolecules.
In 2019, Asia Pacific region accounted for the fastest growing region of the market. It is also estimated to grow at the highest CAGR in the market during the forecast period, this is mainly due to the rising awareness, increasing government support and funding, and growth in life science research.
· In 2020, Danaher acquired the Biopharma business from General Electric Company's Life Sciences division. The business will be known as Cytiva and will act as a standalone operating company within Danaher's Life Sciences segment.
· In 2020, Sartorius acquired selected life science businesses of Danaher Corporation. This acquisition includes the ForteBio business of Danaher and it will be integrated into the Bioanalytics unit within the Sartorius Lab Products & Services division.
· In 2020, Malvern Panalytical (a division of Spectris) opened a new APAC Application Center of Excellence in Shanghai, China. The center showcases a large part of the Malvern Panalytical technology portfolio including Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) and Isothermal Titration Calorimetry (ITC) technology.
· In 2020, TA Instruments (a subsidiary of Waters) entered into a partnership with Gulf Bio Analytical. Under the terms of this partnership, TA Instruments appointed Gulf Bio Analytical as its exclusive distributor of instruments in Saudi Arabia.
· In 2020, Creoptix collaborated with Professor Adriano Aguzzi and the University of Zurich to characterize anti-SARS-CoV-2 Antibodies in patients with the COVID-19 using the Creoptix WAVE system.
Get 10% Customization on this Research Report: - https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/requestCustomizationNew.asp?id=32435593
Top Key Players: -
Some of the leading players in the label-free detection market include Danaher (US), Sartorius AG (Germany), Waters Corporation (US), PerkinElmer Inc. (US), AMETEK, Inc. (US), HORIBA Ltd. (Japan), Spectris (UK), METTLER TOLEDO (US), Corning Incorporated (US), and Agilent Technologies, Inc. (US)
In conclusion, the label-free detection market is a rapidly growing market driven by the increasing demand for more accurate and sensitive detection methods in various applications, such as drug discovery, proteomics, and genomics research. The market is expected to continue growing as new technologies and applications are developed, and as the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries continue to expand. North America currently dominates the market, but Europe and Asia-Pacific are also significant markets. Key players in the market include General Electric Company, Danaher Corporation, Attana AB, Biacore International AB, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., and PerkinElmer Inc.