logo
logo

IDC rolls out all-flash crystal ball again and it's all gone a bit weird

avatar
Robert Flowers
Jun 01, 2016 12:03
img

Pic: Shutterstock

IDC has issued all-flash array revenue numbers showing EMC is the belle of the AFA ball, with Pure fourth in the market, behind EMC, IBM and HPE, while NetApp and Huawei are wallflowers.

The numbers more or less agree with Gartner s all-flash array AFA supplier revenue shares published in April, but differ in detail.

However, going by the numbers supplied EMC is walking away with the market and the top six vendors owned 85.4 per cent of the AFA market revenues in 2015, leaving just 14.6 per cent for the others category, which, on the face of it, includes Dell, HDS, Kaminario and Violin Memory.

Is IDC doing a Gartner and excluding certain AFA products because they are not exclusively AFA product lines?

Secondly, with Huawei mentioned, are we to assume that Dell, HDS, Violin and Kaminario revenues are lower than Huawei's, and they are included in the others category?

The raft of NVME over fabrics AFA startups, such as Apeiron, E8 and Mangstor, will be looking for superior array access latency and performance to force their way in.

collect
0
avatar
Robert Flowers
Jun 01, 2016 12:03
guide
Zupyak is a free content platform for publishing and discovering stories, software and startups.