Esignatures can't be forged like hand-written ones and have a high level of encrypted security. The process takes seconds on a desktop or mobile phone and saves you heaps of time. Many people think that electronic and digital signatures are the same thing, but this is not correct. An electronic signature can easily be copied across documents as there is no verification process involved. So they’re an easy target for fraud.
Authenticated digital signatures are almost impossible to hack or forge because they use public key cryptography technology embedded into the signature, so each one is unique.
There is also a detailed audit trail of the signature process in authenticated signatures that displays the date and time of each action. The GovReports Digital Authentication audit log shows when the document esignature request was created, when it was sent and to what email address, when it was opened and signed. All activity related to the creation, sending, signing, completing, voiding or expiration of the document is visible within GovReports. We keep the digital signature records within GovReports for up to three years in line with the period required for ATO lodgment records. We don’t keep the data or uploaded files, only images of the signed documents to show the activity log.
- You can always download the signed documents and save them separately so you can back them up with your other business records. No extra cost – Digital Authentication is included in ALL our plans for business owners and tax professionals.
- No need for recipients to set up an account – just send and they sign with a One Time Password (OTP) code sent to their email.
- Use our default email templates to send documents for esignatures or create your own messages to accompany the document.
- Sort the document list by title, status, modified date or user – you’ll quickly find what you are looking for.
- Save contacts you regularly send documents to.
- Mobile and desktop friendly.