The environmental testing market is a rapidly growing sector that focuses on the analysis and testing of various environmental samples such as air, water, soil, and others. The market includes various services and products such as testing equipment, reagents, and laboratory services that help in identifying and monitoring environmental pollutants, contaminants, and other factors that can affect the environment.
Environmental testing is essential to ensure that the environment is safe and healthy for human and animal life. It is used in a wide range of industries including food and beverages, agriculture, pharmaceuticals, and energy. Growing concerns over environmental pollution and its impact on public health, coupled with increasing government regulations and initiatives, are driving the growth of the environmental testing market.
The environmental testing market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.1% from 2022 to 2027, reaching a market size of over $13.9 billion by the end of the forecast period.
Download PDF Brochure: https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/pdfdownloadNew.asp?id=95098120
North America was the dominating region for the environmental testing market during the forecast period.
In the major North American regions, the number of testing laboratories has more than doubled. And various environmental governing organisations in the United States have been driving the growth of the environmental testing market by implementing various environmental protection policies, with numerous initiatives by North American countries being some of the key factors dominating the market.
Here are some key trends in the environmental testing market:
- Growing demand for water testing: The demand for water testing is expected to increase significantly due to rising concerns over water pollution, increasing industrialization, and growing population. Water testing is essential to ensure that water is safe for human and animal consumption.
- Rising adoption of advanced technologies: The adoption of advanced technologies such as chromatography, mass spectrometry, and molecular diagnostics is increasing in the environmental testing market. These technologies help in identifying and measuring pollutants and contaminants accurately.
- Increasing government regulations: The government is implementing stringent regulations to monitor and control environmental pollution. This is expected to drive the growth of the environmental testing market as companies need to comply with these regulations.
- Growing focus on sustainable practices: Companies are focusing on implementing sustainable environmental testing practices to reduce their impact on the environment. This includes using eco-friendly products and reducing waste and energy consumption.
- Rising demand for air quality testing: With increasing urbanization and industrialization, air quality testing is becoming more important. Air quality testing helps in identifying pollutants and contaminants in the air and ensuring that the air is safe for breathing.
- The emergence of portable and easy-to-use testing equipment: Portable and easy-to-use testing equipment is gaining popularity in the environmental testing market. These devices are cost-effective, convenient, and provide quick results.
- Increasing outsourcing of environmental testing services: Companies are outsourcing their environmental testing services to specialized testing labs to reduce costs and improve efficiency. This trend is expected to drive the growth of the environmental testing services market.
Speak to Analyst
The key players in this market SGS SA (Switzerland), Eurofins Scientific (Luxembourg), Intertek Group plc (UK), Bureau Veritas (France), ALS (Australia), TÜV SÜD (Germany), AsureQuality (New Zealand), Mérieux NutriSciences (France), Microbac Laboratories, Inc. (US), Envirolab Services Pty Ltd (Australia), R J Hill Laboratories Limited (New Zealand), Symbio Laboratories (Australia), Alex Stewart International (UK), EMSL Analytical, Inc. (US), and F.B.A. Laboratories Ltd (Ireland). These players in this market are focusing on increasing their presence through expansion and collaborations. These companies have a strong presence in North America, Asia Pacific and Europe. They also have infrastructure facilities along with strong laboratory networks across these regions.