To boost your sales online and make your store stand out, you need a checklist to make your e-commerce product listing stand out. Read along to know more.
1. Put in a Custom Domain.
Choosing a unique domain name for your online store makes it simpler for customers to remember and helps you build brand recognition.
You don't have to start over if the name you want is already taken. In this situation, you can find original words for your e-commerce store using a business name generator.
You can also look into top-level domains (TLDs), such as—shop and . store. It is an effective way to skyrocket the reach of your e-commerce product listing.
2. Construct Your Standard Pages.
A few pages where helpful information about the company can be listed are necessary for any online store. Some visitors will be curious about your background and the origins of the business. Others will look around your website to learn more about your listed goods.
The most significant page on your website is the home page. To boost your e-commerce product listing, your homepage must ensure customers have easy navigation to browse other pages and help establish your store's overall look and feel. You'll find links to your category and product pages on your homepage.
Your company's mission, history, and core values are all explained to your customers on the "about" page. Here are some examples of templates for an about us page.
The contact page includes information on how visitors can contact you. You could provide the following:
- A contact form.
- A phone number.
- An email address.
- A physical address with a map indicating your location.
FAQ page: If many customers have the same questions regarding your goods or services, save them time by providing the answers on this page. You can talk about how long packages take to ship or what your return policy entails.
Terms of Service: What are the features of your product or service, and what legal protections do you have in place?
3. Make your checkout process as efficient as possible.
Reducing friction and correcting any issues at checkout makes sense, given that online shopping cart abandonment rates are rapidly increasing. Make sure: as you complete the checkout process.
Editing the items in a customer's cart is simple.
- The cost of shipping is displayed at checkout.
- The application of discount codes is simple.
- PayPal is one of the available payment options.
- Entering shipping information is simple for customers.
- If a problem arises, accessing the contact page is simple.
- To verify each purchase, you send an email.
- You can change your language and currency.
4. Your Sales Channels of Choice.
When shopping with a brand today, consumers use various channels. Spreading your efforts across several platforms increases your chances of making more sales and your e-commerce product listing stand out.
For instance, a marketplace like Amazon or Etsy, where you can sell your goods alongside other vendors, could be combined with your e-commerce website. Since some customers purchase goods on social media platforms, you can even engage in social selling.
5. Work on SEO for e-commerce.
The majority of your customers will begin their product searches on Google. In light of this, ensuring your website appears whenever a customer searches for terms associated with your goods or services is essential.
E-commerce SEO entails several steps, including:
- Find and list potential search terms that customers might use to find your store.
- Optimize your content by your chosen keywords in the URLs, H1 headings, and product and category descriptions.
- Image optimization will increase your chances of appearing higher in search results for particular keywords. Use "alt attributes" and image meta descriptions.
- Using schema markup increases your chances of having rich snippets displayed by Google at the top of search results.
- Make a sitemap: Create a sitemap and submit it to Google for crawlers to use. Google will better categorize your pages if you do this.
- Improve user experience by investing in a CDN, picking the best host, and compressing your image files to optimize website performance.
- Use content marketing to rank your blog keywords and gain links to high-value pages through guest posting.
6. Configure email marketing.
An efficient way to cultivate current customers and welcome new ones. To build email sequences that nurture your customers and ultimately increase sales, Shopify offers a variety of email apps. Create the following emails using a tool like Shopify Email or Klaviyo.
Introduce your brand to customers with welcome emails to establish early expectations.
Emails that confirm orders received from customers are a good idea.
Promote goods that go well with a customer's purchase in cross-selling emails.
Customers are informed about their order's delivery status by shipping notification emails. To reduce post-purchase angst and foster customer trust, greeting card company Postables does this and is an easy way to promote e-commerce product listing.
7. Install a tool for analytics.
The secret to improving a profitable store is analytics. The appropriate data reveals various customer information, including preferred product types, purchasing times, etc.