The state of Karnataka in southern India is home to many stunning hills and hill stations. These hills provide visitors with beautiful scenery, a variety of activities, and lush vegetationKarnataka has a number of the most well-known hill towns, including:
- Coorg (Madikeri): One of the most well-liked hill resorts in Karnataka is Coorg,Coorg Tour packages from Mumbai offer a wide range of variety ,also referred to as the "Scotland of India." The region is renowned for its coffee plantations, rolling hills, and stunning waterfalls.
- Chikmagalur: Another popular hill town in Karnataka is Chikmagalur. There are waterfalls, hiking trails, and coffee and tea plantations there.
- Kemmanagundi:The beautiful hill town of Kemmanagundi is situated in the Western Ghats. It is renowned for its waterfalls, temples, and scenic beauty.
- Nandi Hills: A hill resort called Nandi Hills is close to Bangalore. For residents of Bangalore, it is a well-liked weekend getaway. The trekking trails and sunrise and sunset views at Nandi Hills are well-known.
- BR Hills (Biligirirangana Hills): In the Karnataka state's Chamarajanagar district is the hill resort known as BR Hills. It is well-known for its wildlife sanctuary, which serves as a haven for many different creatures, including tigers, elephants, and leopards.
Activities to enjoy in the hills of Karnataka:
- Trekking: For trekkers of all skill levels, Karnataka's hills offer a variety of trails. Mullayanagiri, Kudremukh, and Kodachadri are popular places to go trekking.
- Camping: The natural beauty of the Karnataka hills is best experienced while camping. Kemmanagundi, Nandi Hills, and BR Hills are three well-liked places to go camping.
- Wildlife viewing: Tigers, elephants, and leopards are among the many species of wildlife that call the hills of Karnataka home. Several national parks and wildlife sanctuaries, including Kudremukh National Park, BR Hills Wildlife Sanctuary, and Nagarahole National Park, offer opportunities for wildlife viewing.
- Visiting waterfalls: A number of breathtaking waterfalls can be found in the hills of Karnataka. Hebbe Falls, Jog Falls, and Shivanasamudra Falls are three well-known waterfalls..
- Visiting plantations: Tea and coffee plantations can be found in the Karnataka hills. These plantations are open to visitors who want to learn more about how coffee and tea are grown.
Advice for traveling to Karnataka's hills:
- The best time to visit the hills of karnataka tour is during the winter months (October to March), when the weather is pleasant.
- You can travel by car, train, or plane to reach the Karnataka hills. The closest airports are Mysore and Mangalore International Airports.
- The hills of Karnataka offer a range of lodging choices, from affordable guesthouses to opulent resorts.
- When visiting the Karnataka hills, it's important to pack warm clothing, sunscreen, and insect repellent.
- It's also a good idea to use a local guide if you want to go hiking or see some wildlife.
Visitors can enjoy a variety of attractions in the Karnataka hills. The Karnataka hills have something to offer everyone, whether you're seeking a tranquil getaway or an exciting getaway.
The following activities can be done while exploring the Karnataka hills:
The hills of Karnataka are home to a number of breathtaking waterfalls. Several of the popular waterfalls include:
Hebbe Falls: A stunning waterfall called Hebbe Falls is situated in the Chikmagalur district. One of the most well-known waterfalls in Karnataka is this one.
Jog Falls:In India, Jog Falls, the second-highest waterfall, is situated in the Shimoga district. It is a magnificent waterfall and a must-see for anyone traveling through the Karnataka hills.
Shivanasamudra Falls: In the Mandya district, there are two waterfalls called Shivanasamudra Falls. It is a well-known waterfall in Karnataka and is renowned for its breathtaking scenery.
Tea and coffee plantations can be found in the Karnataka hills. These plantations are open to visitors who want to learn more about how coffee and tea are grown. Visits to some of the well-liked plantations include:
Tata Coffee Museum in Sakleshpur: The history and culture of coffee cultivation in Karnataka are on display in this museum.
HalliBeralu Tea Estate in Sakleshpur: Tea tasting sessions and plantation tours are provided by this tea estate
Coffee Trails in Chikmagalur: A range of coffee plantation tours are available from this business, including ones that concentrate on coffee cultivation, processing, and tasting.