The Meat Glue Market is estimated to be valued at US$ 226.9 Mn in 2023 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 3.6% over the forecast period 2023 to 2030, as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Meat glue, also known as transglutaminase, is an enzyme which binds pieces of meat and seafood together. It is commonly used in food processing and restaurant industries to restructure or combine different cuts of meat and seafood proteins to produce desired shapes. Meat glue helps in reducing food wastage and improves texture and appearance of meat products. It provides convenience to food manufacturers and chefs.
Market Key Trends:
The rising demand for convenience food products is driving the growth of meat glue market. Meat glue helps food processing companies in developing innovative meat products with desirable shapes and textures, thus saving preparation time. It allows combination of small pieces of meat into steaks and fillets without losing texture or quality. Also, growing fast food chains and quick service restaurants are relying more on meat glue to cut down preparation and production time. Moreover, rise in demand for exotic meat products requiring fusion of different types of meats and seafoods is also propelling the market growth. However, lack of consumer awareness about meat glue and perception issues linked to its unnatural way of processing meat may hinder the market growth to some extent over the forecast period.
- Threat of new entrants: The threat of new entrants is low due to high capital requirements for production facilities and established distribution channels of existing players. However, new players can target specific customer segments.
- Bargaining power of buyers: The bargaining power of buyers is moderate since there are many established brands. However, private labels from retail chains exert pricing pressure.
- Bargaining power of suppliers: The bargaining power of suppliers is high as key raw materials like transglutaminase enzyme are patented by a few companies globally. This limits opportunities for price negotiations.
- Threat of new substitutes: The threat of new substitutes is moderate as alternative binders/thickeners like xanthan gum, starch, and gums are used but lack proteins binding ability of meat glue.
- Competitive rivalry: Intense due to global presence of key players.
- Strength: High efficacy in binding meat and vegetarian products. Wide applications in food processing industries.
- Weakness: Negative consumer perception over altering natural food properties. Strict regulations over labelling in some regions.
- Opportunity: Growth in demand for meat alternatives and vegan products present opportunities. New applications in nutrition and healthcare sectors.
- Threats: Development of new non-meat substitutes. Stringent regulatory approvals delay market access.
The global meat glue market is expected to witness high growth, exhibiting CAGR of 3.6% over the forecast period, due to increasing demand for processed and packaged food products. Asia Pacific dominates the global market and is estimated to grow fastest due to rising meat consumption in China and India.
Regional analysis: Asia Pacific accounted for around 35% of global meat glue market share in 2023 led by China, Japan and India. China dominates the APAC market owing to large population, improving incomes and expanding food industry. North America is another major region supported by well-established food processing sector in US and Canada.
Key players operating in the meat glue market are Ajinomoto Co., Inc., Modernist Pantry, LLC, Special Ingredients Ltd., Kinry Food Ingredients Co., Ltd., BDF Natural Ingredients, S.L., Micro-Tech Foods Ingredients Inc., Yiming Biological Products Co., Ltd., and Nanning Pangbo Biological Engineering Co., Ltd. These players are focusing on new product development and geographic expansion to gain higher market shares.