Mia Watson is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cybersecurity, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.
Macs with now give access to a printer capable of printing double-sided can print any document as a two-sided print, which means that each side of the file will go direct on the front and back of the peice of paper, kind of any book. It is one of the famous printing methods for various situations, such as manuscripts, manuals, documentation, books and many other things and especially for those people who really want to save paper.
However, you can easily print duplex printing on a Mac by using the Microsoft Word, Pages, Office, PDF files from Safari and preview, and some other apps, and the features are working on all the versions of the MacOS and Mac OS X.
Below we provide a few simple steps which help you in printing the double-sided documents on Mac.
Steps to Print Double-Sided Documents on Mac
Before starting to print duplex printing, ensure that you meet with these few requirements which are necessary for using the two-sided printing. Firstly, you have to make sure that your printer itself must be compatible with the two-sided printing which is usually a laser printer or similar hardware. And the foremost requirement is that the document is being printed must be at a minimum at least of two pages long. Thus, the first page will always go on one side of the printed page, and the second page will go onto the reverse side of the printed page.
At times, when you have typed up a Word doc on your Mac and want to print double-sided, and then follow the steps in ascending order to avoid trouble, and it will take less time. Here how to do it:
- Initially, by scrolling to the top of the screen bring up the “Menu bar”.
- Then, click on the “File” option.
- Scroll the menu to the bottom and then click on the “Print” option.
- Next, click on the “Copies and Pages” option.
- Again, scroll the menu to the bottom and click on the “Layout” option.
- Now, click on the “Two-Sided” menu tab.
- Subsequently, click on “Long-Edge binding” option.
- Lastly, click on the “Print” tab.
Alternatively, with some applications, the process for double-sided printing will be easier and also involve few steps, since you will be presented with a “Two-Sided” option by the initial print window. Here assuming that you are using a Mac app such as Notes:
- Primarily, scroll to the top of the screen and bring up “Menu bar”.
- After that, click on the “File” option.
- Now, scroll the menu to the bottom and click on the “Print” tab.
- Next, click on the “Two-Sided” check-box which appears next to the copies box.
- Finally, click on the “Print” option.