The global electric water heaters market is expected to reach USD 29.32 billion by 2022, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing residential and commercial projects worldwide is expected to drive market demand over the forecast period. Rising disposable income and preference for tankless heaters may further fuel the electric water heaters market.
Growing awareness for automated temperature control, energy efficiency and environmental sustainability is estimated to favor tankless heaters demand. Increasing government initiatives to improve rural infrastructure and uninterrupted electricity availability in these areas is expected to provide new opportunities to market growth. Rising electricity prices, volatile raw material prices and growing preference for solar water heaters may restrain market growth over the forecast period.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global market demand is expected to reach 117.5 million units by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 6.9% over the forecast period.
- Storage water heaters are more commonly used for residential applications. They have capacity ranging from 2 gallons to 105 gallons with continuous hot water availability. They are also increasingly used in countries with limited or broken electricity supply as they can store hot water for future use.
Residential storage tanks are highly insulated to minimize standby losses, which may be prominent owing to irregular and non-continuous use. The market is gradually moving towards tankless electric water heaters; however, the storage segment is still expected to remain dominant over the forecast period.
- Residential storage water heater tanks are highly insulated to minimize standby losses, which may be prominent owing to irregular and non-continuous use. Commercial water heaters can be glass lined, stainless steel lined, cement and hydrastine cement lined. Commercial developments such as restaurants, schools, hospitals, and hotels are expected to favor segment demand over the forecast period. Commercial electrical storage water heaters have capacity of up to 5000 gallons.
- Countries such as China and India are expected to contribute to regional growth over the forecast period. Rapid infrastructure developments in these countries are expected to favor the Asia Pacific electric water heaters market. However, increasing trend for use of solar water heater may restrict market demand gradually over the next seven years. These products are used mostly in urban areas whereas in rural areas electrified hand sticks and open fires are used to heat water. Storage technology is increasingly becoming popular in most large households, since pre-heated water can be used from tanks in case of power cuts.
- Key contributors to the electric water heaters market include A.O. Smith Corp, General electric, Rheem Manufacturing Co., and Siemens AG. Industry participants focus on offering energy-efficient and cost-effective products through technological advancements. They invest in R&D to offer innovative products to gain competitive advantage. A.O. Smith Corporation invested around USD 67.9 million, USD 57.8 million, and USD 51.7 million in 2014, 2013, and 2012 respectively for research & development.
Access full research report on global electric water heaters market: www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/electric-water-heaters-market