Siri is one of the most amazing features of the iPhone that enables its users to perform multiple functionalities. It is a virtual assistant that responds to our every command. You can use the functionality of Siri virtual assistant to perform various tasks like making phone calls, sending text messages, and even can ask any questions like the current weather of any place or anything. This great feature always provides the best experience to its users. And there are various ways to use this feature on any of your Apple devices. You can open Siri by holding the side volume button or home button. Or you can even open it by using your voice. According to some of the iPhone users, the option of the side or home button to activate Siri is not as comfortable as activating it through their voice. Well, in that case, anyone can disable the home button option to activate Siri.
Are you one of the iPhone users? Do you also want to stop Siri from opening while holding your iPhone button but don’t know how to do that? Most of the time, it happens with some iPhone users, when they accidentally press the side button and that activates Siri. Sometimes, it can be frustrating. But, you can stop Siri from opening while holding your iPhone button. There is a way to do that. In the following article, we are going to provide you with the methods going through which anyone can disable the home button option to activate Siri on their iPhone or iPad. So, to get the procedure, you need to read the full article.
The Methods to Disable the Press and Hold Options to Activate Siri
Any of the iPhone users can disable this option of activating the Siri Virtual Assistant on their iPhone or iPad. This includes a much simpler method to do that. And for a better understanding, we have mentioned the procedure step by step. Anyone can follow the steps included in the procedure without any difficulty. And now, without waiting anymore, let’s see what steps you need to follow to stop Siri from opening while holding the iPhone home or side volume button. Take a look below:
The Steps to Disable the Press and Hold to Speak to Siri on iPhone and iPad
Follow the below-mentioned steps to disable the press and hold to speak to Siri settings on iPhone and iPad.
- To get started, open the “Settings” app on your iPhone/iPad.
- And now, go through the option of “Accessibility”.
- On the next screen, scroll down through your device’s screen and look for the option of “Home Button”. And when found, click on it. If you are using an iPhone X or any later version, then you need to tap on the option of “Side Button”. And if your iPhone has a home button, then go through the “Home Button” option.
- Next up, you will reach a new section named “Press and Hold to Speak”. Here, you need to toggle off the button given beside it to disable the Press and Hold to Speak setting.
- And now, you can exit the settings. You have successfully disabled this option. And after this, whenever you press the home or side button of your iPhone, it will not activate the Siri.
If you want to use the Siri virtual assistant, you can activate it using your voice command. You can enable this option very easily. So, this was the procedure for stopping Siri from opening while holding an iPhone or iPad button. Try these steps now as it will not consume much of your time. And to get more information and updates, please stay tuned with us and visit our website.
I’m Anny. I’m a social media manager living in USA. I am a fan of technology, design, and music. I’m also interested in fitness and movies. You can attend my event with a click on the button above.