Competition is a factor in nearly every industry, whether it is between corporations, government departments, or non-profits. The executives and the employees form the backbone of the successful firm or the organizations. For this, we need highly qualified executives in all areas of a company. These qualified professionals or executives can be easily found with the help of the executive search agency, the third party that works on a commission basis. This article also briefs the role of the executive search talent acquisition and their responsibilities.
The executive search agency is considered when the firm plans to test the new executive in multiple levels of the screening process. These agencies help to research the executive that the company needs. The agency acts as an intermediate between the company and the candidates in the hiring process. They save the shortlisted candidates list and use it if needed in another company or adjacent role.
The Search Firm Working Mechanism
The executive search firms have wide contacts in the industries; they first understand the companies’ needs in employment and the criteria they have pre-defined. They observe the company culture and other practices in order to find candidates that fit. The executive search agency is paid when they have found the perfect candidate and the role is filled. The companies needed to give a detailed description of the role and of their expectations so that executive agencies can properly work on those criteria.
Talent Acquisition Specialist
The executive talent acquisition role is one of the most important roles in the firm. They have the following main responsibilities:
- The Executive search talent acquisition needs to process the selection criteria.
- Coordinating with the hiring managers and other staff to understand the company’s needs.
- Sourcing candidates through social media and other professional contacts.
- Planning for interviews and selection procedures which include screening calls, personal assessments, and interviews.
- Verifying candidates profiles, resumes, and social media.
- Designing the roles, job descriptions, and interview questions.
- Attending recruitment events among the corporate sectors for clear knowledge.
- Maintain long-term relationships with the applicants and the potential candidates who have higher possibilities to add to the firm for future needs.
The executive search talent acquisition role also has some requirements to meet and get into the role. They are listed below as follows:
- Experience of working as the talent acquisition specialist or similar job role in an organization.
- Having good knowledge of social media and professional contacts.
- Ability to track the candidate's profile and resumes.
- Should be able to understand the difference between various roles of the company and preparing job descriptions.
- Good at verbal and communication skills and good writing knowledge.
The author has described a brief role of the executive search agency and the working mechanisms. The executive search agency process and how they work to the firms are also clearly detailed by the author. The executive search talent acquisition role has been explained very briefly by the author. The roles and responsibilities are also explained in a detailed manner. The criteria for the role are also stated by the author in the article.
Disclaimer: The information above is general information regarding the industry and is not intended to be up to date as to Spirit Consulting’s current and/or past practices, beliefs, or advice.