Did your HP printer get a PCL XL error? Are you looking for the steps for how to fix PCL XL Error Windows 10? Well, this is a very common error you can find in the laserjet printer. In the PCL XL error, your printer has got the command to print the multiple documents at a single point of time. Of course, it is not possible, and this is the reason the printer shows the error. Though, resolving this error is not an easy task. This usually happens because of the corrupted printer driver or some specific settings of your printer. So, this blog explains the very easy steps for how to fix PCL XL error Windows 10. Therefore, there is no need to go anywhere else to find the solution to your problem. Just start following the steps mentioned in this blog, and get rid of printing issues.
Steps: How To Fix PCL XL Error Windows 10?
There are different ways to resolve your issue of the multiple printing or PCL XL error. All the possibilities are defined in this guide. So, start following the steps for each solution one by one till your problem doesn't get resolved.
- Solution 1: Change the name of the system files associated with your printer.
You can say that this method is like a trick for this issue, but works most of the time. So, follow the steps mentioned below to complete this solution.
- First, go to the main drive i.e. C: drive in your system.
- After that, open the Files Explorer by selecting the Windows folder.
- From there, select System 32 folder.
- Then, select the option of the Spool, and then drivers.
- Select the bit system folder for your system i.e. X64.
- After that, select the “3” from the opened files.
- As there would be so many files for the printer driver, there is a need to apply the filter.
- So, look for the file with the .gpd extension by clicking over the down arrow aligned with the “Type” column.
- Check the box for the “gpd” extension.
- The list of the field will open with the .gpd extension.
- Now, rename all the files that have the .gpd extension.
- After renaming the files, make sure to save the changes.
- Lastly, restart the system to apply the changes you have made.
So, these are the steps for renaming the system files. Now, after this change, check if the PCL XL error is resolved or not. If not, then move to the other solutions.
- Solution 2: Update or Reinstall your printer driver software
Sometimes, when the files are not updated for the printer drivers, then also, this issue arises. It is because new compatible files are not there in the printer driver software for the efficient printing. Therefore, there is a need to update the printer driver with the following steps:
- First, open the printer driver software from the System 32 folder.
- Check if there is any update available for your printer driver software.
- If yes, then install the updates.
- If not, then it means there are corrupted files in your printer driver software.
- So, uninstall the previous printer driver software from the system.
- Now, restart the system again to start the installation of the printer driver software again.
- After that, open the latest updated web-browser in your system.
- Now, visit the official website for your printer.
- Then, search for your printer model on the website.
- This will open the list for the latest printer drivers softwares available for download.
- Then, select the required printer driver software for the download.
- Once the download is complete, open the downloaded file.
- Complete all the on-screen instructions in the installation wizard to complete the installation of printer driver software.
- Then, add your printer again to the system.
That’s it! As the printer driver is updated and installed again, therefore, your printer should work again now. So, check if the printer error PCL XL is resolved now or not. If not, then move to the next and the last solution.
- Solution 3: Change the Settings for the Printing in your system.
If the above solutions have not worked, then the issue is with the printing settings. Therefore, you need to change the settings for your printer with the following steps:
- Click on the Windows icon on the screen.
- Then, select the option of the Control Panel from the explorer.
- After that, navigate the option of the Devices and Printers from the Control Panel.
- Select the name of the printer from the list, and right-click on it.
- From the menu, select the option of the Printing Preferences.
- This will open the printing settings for your printer.
- Then, select the Advanced tab for the printer settings.
- Check that the Copy Count should be set to the 1.
- Also, set the Truetype Font as the Download as SoftFont.
- After that, change the Send True Type as Bitmap to the Enabled.
- Click on the Apply button, and after that click on the Ok button.
- Then, restart your system to apply the settings that you have made.
So, these changes in settings will resolve your PCL XL error as these settings lead to this error. Therefore, now, there are no chances to have this error for your printer.
No More Multiple Printing!
Summing up! These are the steps for How To Fix PCL XL Error Windows 10. Therefore, if you follow these steps, then this error will get resolved. As multiple document printing stops the printer from working, therefore, now no more PCL XL error for your printer. Still, if the issue is not resolved, then contact our team for the exact solution as per your problem. Therefore, now there is no need to worry about the steps to How To Fix PCL XL Error Windows 10. So, once your problem is resolved, there are no more multiple printing errors with your printer. So, have the trouble free printing with your printer and take the desired number of the printouts as you want.