If you're having a panic attack, the first thing you need to do is try to stay calm. It may be difficult, but it's important to remember that panicking will only make the situation worse. Here are a few tips to help you keep your cool:
1. Take slow, deep breaths. In through your nose, out through your mouth.
2. Focus on something else, anything else. Count backwards from 100, recite the alphabet, sing a song in your head... anything to take your mind off of the panic.
3. Move around if you can. Go for a walk, do some stretches, jump up and down... anything to get your body moving and away from the "fight or flight" response that is fueling the panic attack.
4. Talk to someone else, even if it's just on the phone. Hearing another person's voice can help to remind you that you're not alone and that there's nothing wrong with you.
5. Remember that this too shall pass. Panic attacks may feel like they last forever, but they always end eventually. Stay calm and ride it out until it's over.
Learn a few more tips and know more about How to stop a panic attack