Nissan's first electric SUV, the Ariya, is getting closer to arriving. The automaker has already announced its price and variety of equipment for the United States market, and online reservations have already opened.
Nissan Ariya was presented in July 2020 as an SUV that will reach up to 482 kilometers of autonomy on a single charge. Its arrival was scheduled for mid-2021 in Japan and by the end of the year in the United States and Canada; however, its departure was delayed, and North American customers are now expected to receive their SUV until early fall 2022.
The equipments in which the Nissan Ariya will be available are: Ariya Venture+, Ariya Evolve+ FWD, Ariya Premiere FWD and Ariya Platinum+ . The first three options have front-wheel drive, while the last will come with an all-wheel drive.
The features shared by 2022 Nissan Ariya for each trim level are:
- Nissan Ariya Venture+: 87 kWh battery, 238 horsepower AC synchronous motor, 221 pound-feet of torque, and a range of 300 miles on a charge.
- Nissan Ariya Evolve+ FWD: 87kWh battery, 238 horsepower AC synchronous motor, 221 lb-ft of torque, and a range of up to 458 km.
- Ariya Premiere FWD: Same features as the Evolve+ FWD but with ProPILOT Assist 2.0 and ProPILOT Park.
- Nissan Ariya Platinum+: In addition to four-wheel drive, it has e-4ORCE dual-motor all-wheel control, 87kWh battery, 389-horsepower AC synchronous motor, 442 lb-ft of torque, and an estimated range of up to 426 km.
According to Nissan, the front-wheel-drive units will start arriving in early fall 2022, while the all-wheel-drive Nissan Ariya Platinum+ will be delivered shortly thereafter, and those interested in the United States can now reserve their SUV from the Nissan site.
Pricing is as follows:
- Nissan Ariya Venture+ $47,125.
- NissanAriya Evolve+ FWD $50,125.
- Nissan Ariya Premiere FWD $54,625.
- Nissan Ariya Platinum+ $60,125.