A frozen yogurt is a great option if you want something sweet and creamy without having to spend hours making a batch of ice cream. You can make frozen yogurt at home using basic ingredients you probably have around the house already.
1. Fructose: Frozen yogurt contains fructose, which is considered a non-caloric sugar that provides numerous benefits to the body. It is often recommended to people who want to lose weight, especially since it does not have many calories. In addition, Affogato Frozen Yogurt in Vancouver has been shown to improve blood glucose levels in diabetics. It is also known to help prevent cancer of the colon, stomach, pancreas, prostate, bladder, and breast.
2. Protein: Another benefit of frozen yogurt is its high protein content. In fact, frozen yogurt has more protein than milk, eggs, meat, cheese, beans, nuts, grains, or tofu.
3. Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Omega-3 fatty acids are good for your heart. They reduce inflammation and lower cholesterol. Since frozen yogurt is full of these types of fats, it makes sense that it could be good for someone’s heart.
4. Vitamins & Minerals: Frozen yogurt doesn't just offer vitamins and minerals. It offers them in a great way, too. As mentioned above, frozen yogurt has high amounts of protein. In addition, it has high amounts of vitamin B12, iron, zinc, and copper among others. These vitamins and minerals are crucial to maintaining a healthy diet.
5. Low Sugar Content: Not only does homemade yogurt Vancouver taste delicious, but it also has low sugar contents. Most of the time, frozen yogurt has no more than 8 grams of sugar per cup. That's less than 1/3 of the amount of sugar contained in one serving of ice cream. Less sugar means healthier options for those who want to maintain their weight loss goals.
6. Calcium: You may have heard about the importance of getting enough calcium in your diet, but did you know that frozen yogurt is loaded with calcium? Each serving contains around 50% of the daily recommended value of calcium. That’s twice as much as a glass of low-fat milk! Frozen yogurt also offers a convenient way to consume this mineral. All you need to do is mix it with your favorite fruits!
7. Healthy Fat: If you prefer your food to taste sweet, then frozen yogurt is the perfect choice for you. This type of dessert offers a mixture of healthy fats and natural sweeteners. There are different types of fat in frozen yogurt, including mono- and polyunsaturated fats, omega fatty acids, trans-fats, saturated fats, and cholesterol. This makes frozen yogurt a healthier alternative to regular desserts.