If you are someone driven by the concept of spending your summer vacation in an old house, surrounded by green fields, not so far from an antique market, then you will love French Style decor. Inspired by the French countryside, especially Provence, the French Style Design is the only one that can take you there. No matter whether you are in the middle of New York City or somewhere on the coast of California, you can easily find a space filled with French Style Furniture.
In order to create an interior space with a French Style furniture collection, explore all the products offered by Madhurs, a French Style Furniture Wholesale Supplier. The products offered are exclusively made in our factory based out of Jaipur, India.
The French Style said to be a mixture of rustic and refined decor that sheds the aura of comfort and casual elegance, is a style that has evolved over the years and has a very intriguing history of the same. Without further ado, let’s explore the journey of French Style furniture.
- Medieval: The middle ages in the history of the French style were focused on building furniture that was useful and had enough storage to store valuables. The furniture items made during that time were large chests and trunks made of oak.
- Renaissance: Influenced by the classicism of the Greeks and Romans, the designs of the Renaissance period were inspired by the work of Michelangelo and Raphael, depicting mythological themes. The furniture produced included tables, cabinets, dressers, clocks, mirrors, etc.
- Louis XIII: The furniture pieces designed and developed during the period of Louis III depicted cherubs, fruits, flowers, and others made with solid construction and geometric carvings. The furniture products made were chair seats and chair backs with pads, leather, and wooden frames.
- Louis XIV: The furniture made in the period of Louis XIV showcased the love for art and luxurious things. The furniture products made during the period were writing tables and desks.
- Le Regence: The period introduced the concept of smaller homes with furniture made in different curves, like cabriole legs, S-shaped legs, etc.
- Louis XV: The period was regarded as the golden age of French furniture, depicting a romantic, sensuous, feminine, and asymmetrical look.
- Louis XVI: The furniture was made with mahogany wood, and the designs were more angular, symmetrical, and in straight lines. The furniture was more for decorative purposes.
- Directoire: Another transitional period of French furniture. Directoire led to lower quality furniture products and made themes, wreaths, and other war-like emblems.
- Empire: Embracing the symbol of love, sensuality, and seduction, in the Empire period in the French style, furniture designs were replaced with ornate carvings and others.
- Restoration: The period of restoration brought back luxury and opulence with a different shift in the decoration of the furniture.
- Louis Philippe: With a higher focus on functionality, the furniture styles and designs under Louis Philippe retained the rounded lines of the earlier period.
- Napoleon III: The period witnessed styles made by mixing pieces of furniture, like a nest of tables, floating chairs, etc.
- Art Nouveau: Inspired by botanicals, the period of Art Nouveau included styles and designs from marine plants like lilies, seaweed, exotic plants, and others.
- Art Deco: Known as the simplification period of the Art Nouveau style, the Art Deco period was driven by sophisticated yet strong geometric designs.
Whether you want to transform your space or want to give your kitchen a bistro cafe look, we have got all the designs and styles that will help you create a subtle yet romantic place in your home. Being a successful French-style furniture manufacturer and wholesaler in the UK, the product range offered includes items categorized into four major parts. Furniture: French Style Armchairs, French Style Dressers, French Style Tables, French Style Sideboards, French Style Chests of Drawers, French Style Benches, French Style Stools, French Style Beds & Headboards, French Style Cabinets, French Style Lamp Tables, French Style Bookcases, and many more.
- Accessories: French Style Wall Arts, French Style Room Dividers, Photo Frames, French Style Mirrors, French Style Clocks, Coasters, Candle Holders, etc.
- Lighting: Ceiling Lights, French Pendant Lights, Table Lights, French Style Table Lamps, Desk Lamps, and Lanterns.
- Outdoor: Fire Pits, French Outdoor Tables, Outdoor Armchairs, Storage Boxes, and French Style Garden Chairs.
- Textiles: French Bed Linen, Kitchen Linens, French Rugs, French Cushions, and Throws.
French Style Sofas, Crystal Chandeliers, French Style Accent Chairs, Linen Textiles, French Style Dressers, and Golden Mirrors.