How to Change Microsoft 365 to Office 2021, Or 2019
This article describes how to activate a one-time purchase version of Office 2021 or office 2019 if you already have Microsoft 365 on your PC !
Most brand computers are preinstalled with Microsoft 365, but if you have or need the permanent Office 2021, or Office 2019 edition, you can follow these steps to change Microsoft 365 to Office 2021, or Office 2019.
We will use office 2021 Professional Plus edition for an example:
1. Please sign in with a Microsoft account and register your office 2021 Pro Plus product key in your Microsoft account on www.office.com/setup, if you don’t have a Microsoft account yet, please select Create Account. then you can see your product details in your Microsoft account on account.microsoft.com/services/, you can see : To activate office, Open an office app like Word, Excel,PowerPoint and sign in with your account
2. Open an Office program, such as Word.
3. When you start an Office app for the first time, please sign in with your Microsoft account, the system will inform “You’ve got Office, your account has Microsoft office 2021 Professional Plus”. and please select "get started "
4. Accept the license agreement, then it the Microsoft 365 will upgrade to office 2021 Professional plus
5. Now open an Office program, Select File--Account， then you will see your office version has already changed to office 2021 Professional Plus edition
Q & A
Q1: If I reset my PC and the Office program is missing (or, I deleted it), how can I download it back?
A1: If you had activated Office, please click here and sign in to your Microsoft account, which is linked to Office program. You can find the Office program on the Products you’ve purchased field, and then install it again.