The medical industry expects viral vectors to grow in prominence in transferring genetic material into the genetic composition of cells. Adeno-associated Viruses (AAVs) have become sought-after in gene therapy as they can deliver genetic material to cells and do not cause disease. Predominantly, adenovirus, retrovirus, herpes simplex virus and lentivirus, among others, are used to transfer genetic material into cells’ genetic composition. Technological advancements in manufacturing AAV vectors have encouraged stakeholders to boost their portfolios. An uptick in research activities in viral vector-based cell and gene therapies has redefined the global landscape. For instance, in 2020, over 100 gene-therapy products were observed in clinical trials.
Pharma companies, investors, venture capitalists and other stakeholders will possibly explore the growth potential in viral vectors. The final report, along with the database, will deep-dive into the following industry dynamics:
• AAV vectors approved by governing bodies, including FDA and the European Medicines Agency. Zolgensma was approved by EMA and FDA in 2020 and 2019, respectively, while Luxturna received the green signal from FDA in 2017 and EMA in 2018.
• Insights on potential challenges for AAV manufacturers, such as cost, degradation during supply chain and preparation of stable viral vectors.
• Influence of the COVID-19 pandemic on vaccine development.
• Acquisitions of biotech startups
Get your copy or request a free sample of the report “Viral Vector Development - Focus on Adeno-associated Virus, 2018 – 2021,” compiled and published by Grand View Research.
Viral Vector Report Scope
- % Captured by AAV within Viral Vectors
- Understanding of the parent market and ancillary industriesPlasmid DNA Contract Manufacturing
- Cell & Gene Therapy Clinical Trials Market
- Viral Vector based gene therapy development
- AAV Development workflow
- Pipeline for AAV
- Capitalist funding in the industry
- Development Process
Deep dive Analysis
- Understanding of AAV v/s Lentiviral v/s other viral vectors
- Cost of manufacturing (based on batch size) - a case study
- Case study on setting up a development plant
Competition Analysis in CDMOs
- Companies with products in clinical trials
- Various bioreactors used for development
- Strategic initiatives undertaken in the last 5 years
Observation and Recommendations
This section will summarize the entire study and provide analyst insights with regards to key methods of development, technological advancements, and competitive profiling
Get more insights from our in-depth market intelligence report “Viral Vector Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Vector Type (Adeno-associated Virus (AAV), Adenovirus, Lentivirus, Retrovirus, Others), By Application, By End-user, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2023 – 2030”
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company that provides off-the-shelf, customized research reports and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and energy. With a deep-seated understanding of varied business environments, Grand View Research provides strategic objective insights.
Find More information @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/info/trend-reports