Sign in

How to Change Child's Name Easily

Deed Poll
How to Change Child's Name Easily

There are two ways to change a minor's name:

·        To create an unenrolled deed poll, consult a solicitor or a corporation that specializes in deed polls.

·        send a request for an enrolled deed poll to the Royal Courts of Justice.

How can I change my child's name - Your child's new name will normally be listed in The Gazette as public information if you choose an enrolled deed poll. Some organizations will only accept an enrolled deed poll as evidence of a name change. Ask the organization you are working with what form of deed poll they require.

If you are 16 or 17, you have the opportunity to start your own unregistered deed poll. For how can I change my Childs name ask to be enrolled in a deed poll.

One of the following is needed:

·        each and every person with parental duty

·        a court order

·        You must attempt to come to an agreement first before asking for a court order.

If every parent with parental responsibility agrees, Download and finish the name-change paperwork for kids, making sure to include the section where you notify The Gazette. By deed poll, a child's name can be changed. You are permitted to change your child's name whenever you choose as long as they are under the age of 16. Regardless of whether you have a legitimate reason for the alteration, everyone with parental responsibility must agree to it.

In some circumstances, 16 and 17-year-olds will additionally need the consent of all adults who have parental responsibility for them. However, 16 and 17-year-olds should be able to alter their names on their own through an adult deed poll.

·        You should read instructions on how to change your name for more general information because the process for changing a child's name is the same as it is for an adult.

·        obtaining consent for a child's name change

·        If the child is a resident of England, Wales, or Northern Ireland

The name change must have the written approval of all parents who have parental responsibility for the child in order for it to be accomplished by deed poll. Administrative agencies will demand to see this written approval together with the deed poll when you update the child's records.

You could also file a statutory statement stating that all parties with parental responsibility have approved the name change. However, you can only do this if there aren't any ongoing court orders involving the child; otherwise, you'll need everyone's written approval.  

Deed Poll
Zupyak is the world’s largest content marketing community, with over 400 000 members and 3 million articles. Explore and get your content discovered.
Read more