DevOps could be essentially disruptive, but here to stay since it’s a very practical and valuable asset in today’s businesses and organizations. Enterprises are realizing a wide range of measurable, real benefits as result of the DevOps implementation, especially when integrated with the Salesforce CRM.
BENEFITS OF THE SALESFORCE CRM
For any business, customers are the top priority. In fact, regardless of the industry, what kind of products and services are on offer and whatever the focus may be, customers are the single most valuable asset of an organization. This is because customers provide a sense of purpose and direction to any enterprise. Moreover, they provide invaluable feedback as well as serve as springboard for new concepts and ideas. At the end of the day in the business space, customer satisfaction has to be the number one focus.
Thus, investing in a high quality customer relationship management system or tool is a must for any enterprise wanting to take customer satisfaction to the next level. Salesforce provides numerous advantages that could help identify, assist and understand clients, so there is no worry on losing revenue that result from incomplete data.
IMPLEMENTING DEVOPS WITH SALESFORCE
DevOps is a trend that could enhance agility and boost performance in the IT department of an organization. The adoption of the model is a huge change, with transition from traditional data center on the possible pain points for organizations. Furthermore, recruitment could be a challenge too, with a larger number of IT professionals still not used to the new way working. Nonetheless, it’s important to bear in mind that DevOps adoption should not be rushed. It could take months to move to the model, but well worth it, particularly when integrated with Salesforce.
SALESFORCE IMPLEMENTATION AND CUSTOMIZATION
A Salesforce development company is a specialist provider of enterprise app and app maintenance services and embraces the Salesforce implementation as well as customization service. Salesforce services help partners provide state of the art solutions, which maximize productivity that ultimately improve technical and business value.
The best Salesforce consulting companies, particularly in Australia are proficient in providing customized solutions using the CRM and implementing the DevOps culture, enabling higher ROI for the clientele, wherever they may be in the world, and across all industry verticals. The developers practice optimized methodologies for implementing, supporting and boosting projects to deliver solutions that are of high quality at the finest costs.
COMPELLING BUSINESS VALUE AND BENEFITS OF DEVOPS
Software development companies that provide Salesforce development services also realize the value of adopting the DevOps culture for streamlining development processes. The following are some of the compelling benefits and business value of the DevOps culture.
- Ensure faster market and delivery time, boosting ROI. Basically, the culture is the application of agile principles, and so the end result is faster software development, which ensure more frequent delivery.
- Boost collaboration between teams. It boosts transparency needed for effective decision making. Today more than ever, development teams should break down their inter-department silos and communicate and coordinate in a round the clock, dynamic environment. DevOps paves the way of improving business agility through providing the much needed atmosphere of communication, collaboration and integration across globally collocated teams in an IT company.
- Continuous release and deployment, continuous testing and monitoring. The software development practices these days require teams to deliver quality software continuously, reduced go-to-market timelines, and adaption of shorter release cycles.
- Reliable/stable operating environments. Early detection and quicker correction of defects help provide the most robust features and best services, which should be delivered to the clientele.
DEVOPS AND SALESFORCE APPLICATION
DevOps when applied to Salesforce is a different beast, thus it’s important to know the challenges. There are several challenges to address as well as guiding principles toward success. The following are the common challenges in software development as well as release management.
- Low testing confidence
- Untested and new deployments for each request between environments
- Testing will suffer when environments vary, which result in production issues and defects
- Loss of confidence in testing results with different environments, which could lead to defects and re-work
- Not in sync environments
- Environments could quickly get out of sync. Refreshing will take time and deployments have errors
- Deployment challenges
- Manual deployments are a bottleneck across test phases and projects
- Developers will update environments directly, which could lead to missed deployment steps
- Future releases created on an old production refresh needs more time for testing and deployment
- Maintenance concerns
- Go-Live is difficult, with hundreds of manual steps as well as 8-hour outage windows
- Managing numerous environments as well as multiple work streams pose hurdles.
The odds of success would be enhanced if one accounts the following:
- Source code version control
- Ability to alert developers of code conflict
- Change of history that’s visible to all members of the team
- Enforce test classes to be ruin in sandboxes so text class concerns could be discovered early on
- Ability of rolling back specific changes
- Ability to roll back a previous point
- Allow weekly or possibly daily deployments
- Ensure that the workflow is not too complex for delivery teams
- Make certain the release management team could manage deployments
- Ability for releases to be initiated by delivery team leads
- Release management team could use the same releases built by the delivery team leads for deployments
Salesforce and DevOps is a great step for Salesforce consulting services and would ease development on the platform. It will inspire team development and rightly so since the team is able to accomplish more being a team compared to an individual. In Australia, Salesforce jobs abound since the CRM is used in many enterprises and businesses. Moreover, the service providers in the area use the DevOps culture to boost efficiency, and drive innovation through information technology departments to serve end users better. Salesforce is a wonderful customer relationship management that has provided and continues to provide higher ROI for businesses all over the world.