The rise of bike rental startups in India has brought an excellent opportunity for all the bike enthusiasts to travel across the country comfortably, conveniently and affordably. Now people can explore a new city on a rented bike of their choice, which allows them to enjoy a joyful ride experience without worrying about the bike maintenance hassles.
The companies offering bike rental services enable people to choose a fully serviced bike from a varied range in a few simple taps.
The Bike Rental Business Opportunity in India
The market for online bike rental business is growing at an encouraging pace. An increasing number of startups are taking an interest in building successful bike rental platforms with unique offerings.
The bike enthusiasts and travelers are the main target audience of such bike rental startups. The adventure enthusiasts love riding bikes and exploring new places. Owning a premium bike like Royal Enfield, Duke KTM or Harley Davidson can cost a lot. Such people like the concept of renting a bike and taking the ride whenever needed. To stand out from their competitors, the companies have started providing related rental services for products such as biker jackets, gloves, cameras, gears etc. Not only for traveling purposes, but people are also opting for bike rental services for personal and work commute as well. The market for two-wheeler rental startups in India has abundant opportunities and such novel rental app platforms are fueling a new passion among urban people.
Depending on your needs and preference, you can rent from a wide variety of bikes for desired time frames. Common rental tenures offered by bike rental apps are:
- Up to 4 hours
- 24-Hour Rental
- 48-Hour Rental
- 72-Hour Rental
- 1 Week
- 1 Month
- Over 1 Month
The cost of renting a bike depends on the time period and type of bike you pick for your needs. Companies have also started to offer customized schedules keeping the customers’ requirements in focus.
How a Typical Bike Rental App Platform Works?
Bike rental app platforms make the process of renting a two-wheeler fast, hassle-free and on-demand. Majority of them offer their apps for both Android and iOS devices. Through such apps, the users can regulate their account, check nearby bike stations, find available bikes, make reservations and pay securely. The whole process includes a few simple steps:
- Firstly the user needs to register via an app/website.
- On the home screen of a bike rental app, one can provide the pickup location and booking date.
- Then the user can view the list of available bikes.
- The bike details page gives more details about the selected bike to make the selection process easy.
- After choosing the bike, the user can add accessories if needed.
- Then the review cart page appears where the user can go through the whole booking before making the payment.
- Finally, on the payments page, the user can choose the payment option and make the payment to confirm the booking.
- After finalizing the booking, the rider can either pick it up from a nearby bike station or choose to get it delivered at his doorstep at an additional cost.
- When done using the bike, the rider returns the bike to a designated bike station.
- The platform admin can track all the bikes and their riders’ activities in real-time.