The Microsoft Defender Antivirus scans your computer system regularly to make it free from malware and viruses. And for the better functioning of all your devices, it is essential to scan them from time to time. Microsoft Defender Antivirus works pretty well to protect your PC from all the viruses. It scans your computer when you are not using it. And if you want, you can also manually scan your computer system. Or you can schedule a scan as per your requirements. Many people do not know how to schedule a scan for their PC. If you are also one of them and want to know how to schedule a scan in Microsoft Defender Antivirus, then you have arrived at the right page. Anyone can easily schedule a scan on their Windows 10 computer. And this article will let you know how to do so.
In the following article, we have mentioned the technique that will help you to schedule a scan in Microsoft Defender Antivirus on your Windows 10 desktop. So, to get to the method, please go through the complete article.
The Method to Schedule a Scan in Microsoft Defender Antivirus on Windows 10
To schedule a Microsoft Defender Antivirus scan on your Windows 10 PC, you will need to follow the procedure that we have mentioned in this article. This task is easy to accomplish and includes some simple steps that you should follow. So, here’s what you need to do to proceed with the method:
- Firstly, open the Run command on your computer by pressing the “Windows + R” keys. In the search box, type “taskschd.msc” and hit the search button to open the Task Scheduler.
- After this, you will have to expand the Task Scheduler Library and then go to Microsoft > Windows folder given in the left pane of the Task Scheduler.
- And now, select the “Windows Defender” folder.
- Next, you need to double click the “Windows Defender Scheduled Scan Task” that you can see in the middle pane of the Task Scheduler.
- Go to the “Triggers” tab and then select the “New” option.
- And now, create a new trigger by selecting the option of “On a Schedule” given in the “Begin the Task” drop-down menu.
- Select the time for the scan as per your preferences and then click on “Ok”.
- If you want to delete any scheduled task, you can do that by clicking on it and selecting the option of “Delete”.
- And now, select the “Conditions” tab or select the “Power” settings. And finally, complete the task by clicking on the “Ok” option.
- Once you are done with the procedure, close the Task Scheduler window.
So, now, you know how to schedule a scan in Microsoft Defender Antivirus on your Windows 10 computer. Take some time and follow the procedure to ensure the protection of your PC. And visit our website to read more articles like this.