Magnolia Roofing is prepared with resources and supplies to respond to roof damage caused by Hurricane Dorian, which is expected to impact Florida over the holiday weekend.
Our office will remain open following the hurricane depending on the severity of the damage and the need for repairs. You can reach us at 985-200-5179 and we will respond as soon as possible.
Mandeville, Covington, Slidell, Madiconville, Abita Springs, Folsom, and Hammond, LA are just some of the markets Magnolia Roofing proudly serves.
How high of wind speed can your roof withstand?
There are many benefits to metal roofing, including greater wind resistance and wind speed ratings of 140mph. Additionally, some materials are impact-resistant.
Depending on the shingle type, Owens Corning shingles offer warranty coverage up to 130mph. To learn more about our wind warranty programs, please contact us or check out this Owens Corning Wind Warranty chart.
If you are interested in knowing more about a roof that Tadlock Roofing has installed, contact us today.
Top 7 Steps to Protect Your Home from Hurricane Ida:
- Make sure your windows and doors are secure. Wind and rain can get inside through broken windows, and they increase the pressure on the roof as well.
- Count your possessions. With an inventory list, you will be able to get through claims much more easily.
- Your trees should be trimmed and all loose items must be collected. During a storm, broken branches can become missiles that can damage your house or break windows.
- When the storm is on - especially when it is dark - stay off your roof. You could get hurt if you do this.
- You should update your insurance. If you have any gaps in your insurance, make sure you fill them.
- It is best to park your vehicles in the garage or away from large trees if possible.
- You should contact your insurance agent and then a licensed tree service when a tree falls on your home. To prevent further damage, call Tadlock Roofing to inspect and secure your roof. The tree service will be contacted to expedite this process.
If you sustain damage to your roof, we are ready to assist if you need it. We hope that this storm leaves us with only minor damage.