Based on television commercials for law firms, it's easy to believe that everybody who has ever been in an accident would be mistreated by the insurance company and should seek legal assistance to rectify the situation.
Insurance firms, for the most part, perform their duties as promised.
There are occasions when hiring an attorney is necessary, but there are also instances when it is unnecessary.
Let's look at some of the circumstances in which you might not need to contact an attorney following a car accident insurance claim.
● There were no injuries.
● There are some circumstances in which the only harm done is to property. For example, consider the scenario in which no one was in either car at the time of the collision.
● Your automobile might be one overexcited puppy and a sloppy gear shifter away from being involved in a two-vehicle accident with no people involved. (Any insurance adjuster will tell you that unusual things do happen!)
● If no one was damaged or there was no harm (no broken bones or possibly chronic ailments that force you to miss more than a few days of work), pursuing a personal damage claim may not be helpful.
● Just be cautious while reaching this "no injuries" determination for yourself. What appears to be innocuous at first may become a problem later.
● If you were in a car at the time of the collision, you should seek medical assistance immediately. You'll also want to have a doctor clear you of any potential risks.
● Before you decide not to, be sure a doctor has cleared you of any potential risks
● After that, it may be difficult to approach an attorney to assist you in pursuing a claim.
● When the financials of employing an attorney don't add up
In other circumstances, the potential compensation for a claim is so modest that engaging an attorney is not worth it. If all of the damage was to a vehicle, and the car was a high-mileage used automobile with a low book value, an attorney wouldn't have much to work with. There's little question that some lawyers will take on lesser cases in exchange for a more significant part of the settlement. If any of these appeals to you, you may require the services of an attorney.
● Broken bones, hospitalization, and long-term health consequences
● The accident claimed the life of someone.
● Medical therapy that costs more than a few thousand dollars
● More than a few days away from work, school, or typical activities.
● Emotional anguish and pain are examples of non-economic losses.
● There is a disagreement on who was to blame for the accident.
● The accident ended in the deaths of several persons.
● The accident occurred in a construction zone or another potentially dangerous location.
● The documentation does not appear to be correct (police report, insurance communications)
● Details are difficult to understand (technical, legal, medical)
● Insurance isn't being cooperative.
Remember that an injury victim an attorney does not represent faces a significant disadvantage when dealing with an insurance company that daily deals with personal injury claims. Unrepresented claimants lack the required expertise and skills to bargain with insurance carriers successfully. Furthermore, such people will lack a clear grasp of how to negotiate the medical expenses that will undoubtedly be incurred due to treating their vehicle accident-related injuries.
Most claimants don't have the financial means to hire the best specialists available (if they even know who they are) to demonstrate that they deserve compensation for their injuries, damages, and losses.
Aside from the agony, you also have to deal with perplexing and concerning legal concerns, insurance challenges, and financial difficulties. At this stage, the most awesome thing you can do is employ an experienced attorney. Finally, after a vehicle accident, you must focus on getting your life back to normal; this is best achieved by entrusting the remainder of the process to a skilled auto accident attorney.
Moreover, a personal injury attorney will be able to assist you in obtaining the medical treatment you require as fast as possible. The majority of people are unfamiliar with physicians. And nearly no one knows any doctors who specialize in personal injury lawsuits. An expert attorney with a strong network can assist you in finding top-notch doctors. This will allow you to treat your injuries more promptly while fully recording them.