Of all the home improvement projects, repairing a new roof is undoubtedly the most important one. An asphalt roof can last between 15-30 years depending on the maintenance level and local climate. In this comprehensive roofing guide, our experts have explained everything about roof repairs and replacements so that you get the best value for your money.
Signs That You Need a New Roof
Sometimes the signs of roofing damage can be subtle. So, many homeowners often miss them. Here, we have mentioned some of the most common signs of a damaged roof so that you can take timely action and prevent further damage.
- A Surge in Your Electricity Bills: A damaged roof can cause a sudden surge in your utility bills. This usually happens when your roof fails to provide adequate insulation to your home.
- Water Damage: If you notice water stains on your ceilings or walls, these could be the result of a leaky roof. However, make sure that the water stains are not due to plumbing issues or condensation problems.
- Damage to your attic: A damaged attic can lead to several problems such as broken rafters and dampness in your attic. In such cases, you need to call professional roofers immediately.
- Damaged Flashings: Flashing is a thin sheet of metal that is installed at the most damage-prone areas of a roof such as chimney joints. That's why you need to examine your flashings regularly for any signs of damage.
Should You Repair Your Own Roof?
Roof repairs are complex jobs and can be incredibly risky for inexperienced individuals. Further, unless you're an expert, you may end up causing more damage rather than fixing anything. That's why it's better to leave roofing tasks to the professionals.
Thanks to our skilled and experienced roofing contractor in Germantown TN, we are the most sought-after roofing professionals in the region. If your roof has sustained any minor or major damage, don’t hesitate to contact our experts right away. We will thoroughly inspect your roofing system and guide you on your best course of action.
While it’s always recommended to call experts for any kind of roofing damage, if you’re planning to do DIY repairs for some mild damage to your asphalt roof, keep in mind the following precautions.
- Get a durable ladder to climb up your roof. Make sure to secure both the jack and ladder properly before you start climbing.
- Always have someone with you while attempting any roofing task.
- To protect your head, wear suitable safety gear, for example, a hard hat or a helmet.
- To detect subtle defects, carefully examine every nook and cranny of your roof. If you discover any severe damage, get in touch with professionals immediately.
How To Choose the Right Roofing Contractor In Tennessee?
For safety and long-lasting results, it’s always best to leave roofing repairs to experienced roofers. However, while choosing a roofing contractor for your project, make sure:
- The contractor has proper insurance and licenses.
- They should offer good warranties on their products and services
- They have a good reputation online - with great reviews and testimonials from their previous clients
For more guidance, get in touch with the leading roofing experts at Republic Roofing in Collierville, Bartlett, and Memphis, TN today. Contact us at 901-437-5278 and schedule a FREE inspection today.