Equine radial shockwave provides a highly effective treatment for orthopedic and soft tissue injuries in equine sports medicine.
- Premier treatment for suspensory injuries and ‘kissing spines’.
- Rapid pain relief and stimulation of cellular regeneration.
- Five probe options enable varied treatment option.
- Acoustic wave 100x higher energy than ultrasound imaging.
- Achieves ‘bundled wave’ penetration of up to 6 cm.
- Handpiece supports over 2 million shockwave ‘shots’.
In veterinary or rehabilitation settings, Shockwave addresses musculoskeletal disorders and returns the horse to work within an optimal timeframe.
Shockwave is the leading choice of veterinarians, trainers and therapists for ligament and tendon injury, and post-work recovery in elite equine athletes.
How it Works
The radial shockwave therapy device uses compressed air to accelerate a projectile through a tube, creating a low intensity primary wave as it impacts on the applicator. A parabolic reflector then creates a secondary wave. These ‘bundled’ waves are directed through an applicator held against the skin, moving through the tissue towards a defined point at a penetration depth of up to 6 cm. This stimulates a cellular response, with improved blood supply and increased cell proliferation leading to regeneration of tendon, ligament and bone tissue. The exact mechanisms for this biological response are not yet fully known.
Shockwave for Optimal Outcomes
- A high value investment for the clinic or training yard
- Leading technology for treating and managing performance horses
- Treat and rehabilitate multiple conditions with a single device
- Versatile treatment options address varied conditions
- Reduces sport horse time out through effective injury management