A cash App card is the best thing that one can have nowadays to manage expenses in the US. The nationwide acceptance of the Cash App card comes as a great help when it comes to spending money while traveling all across the US. That’s not all, a Cash App card is also important to avail of many other benefits of Cash App such as direct deposit, borrowing money, and cash boost. But, to be eligible for all these benefits, it is important to have an activated Cash App card. So, the big question is – how to activate a Cash App card. Well, there are two simple methods to activate a Cash App card. The first simple method is to scan a QR code. And the second method is a manual one in which the cardholder has to enter the card details. Gladly, in this article, we are going to discuss both Cash App card activation processes. So, let’s start from the basics to ensure no doubt is left in your mind.
How to activate a Cash App card without logging in?
Be informed that there are only two possible ways to activate a Cash App card. And both methods require the users to have a successful login to their Cash App accounts. It means whether you have to scan a QR code to activate your Cash App card or try the manual method of card activation, in both cases, you need to first sign in to your Cash App account. To make a long story short, without a Cash App login a Cash App card couldn’t be activated.
How to scan a QR Cash App card to activate?
This section will help you understand how to activate a Cash App card by phone using the QR code. Note that Square sends a Cash App card with an exclusive QR code to all the users. Cash App QR code stores the data of the users including phone number, email id, and many other card details. When a Cash App QR code is scanned using the Cash App mobile application then all details about the Cash App card are assessed. And then upon the successful assessment, a Cash App card is activated. These are the steps to follow:
- So, as a first step, log in to your Cash App account.
- Select the “Scanner” tab from the top left corner of the screen.
- Now scan the QR code printed on an envelope in which your Cash App card came in.
- Upon the successful scanning of the QR code a message that reads “Cash Card Activated” will appear.
- Further, Cash App will prompt you to find your Cash App account and routing number to add funds to your Cash App card.
- Follow the onscreen instructions if you want to enable the Cash App direct deposit feature.
How to activate a Cash App card without an app?
Just to be very clear when cash app users ask, “how do I activate my Cash App card without an app” they usually mean, how to activate a Cash App card without a phone. If you also have the same concern then read this section carefully.
The process of Cash App card activation without an app is possible using a computer. By that I mean, you can access the Cash App official site on your PC and activate your Cash App card with ease of mind. This method of card activation is also known as the manual method. What exactly you need to do in this manual method of card activation is to find and use card details such as card number, CVV code, expiry dates, etc.
In short, we can say that you can activate a Cash App card on a computer as well. These are the steps to follow:
- First, sign in to your Cash App account using the official website.
- Click the card-shaped icon.
- Scroll down and select activate Cash App card.
- Now select “Use CVV Instead”.
- After that enter the card details including Cash App card number, CVV code, and expiry date.
- Make sure all the details you have entered are correct.
- Finally, click activate Cash App card.