Dental veneers, also known as porcelain veneers or dental porcelain laminates, are ultra-thin, custom-made covers for the front of teeth that are composed of materials that match your natural teeth. The teeth's colour, form, size, or length are altered by these shells, which are glued to the front of the teeth.
Types of Dental Veneers
Veneers for the mouth can be created from porcelain or from composite resin materials. Compared to resin veneers, porcelain veneers are more stain-resistant. They also more closely resemble actual teeth in terms of how well they reflect light. With your dentist, you must decide which veneer material is ideal for you.
What Types of Problems Do Dental Veneers Fix?
Teeth with stains as a result of:
Root canal procedure
- Tetracycline or other drug-related stains
- Too much fluoride
- Substantial resin fillings
- Teeth that are damaged
- Teeth with chips or fractures
- Teeth that are crooked, uneven, or have an unusual shape (for example, have craters or bulges in them)
- Teeth that are spaced apart (to close the space between these teeth)
Dental Veneer Benefits
Veneers offer these advantages:
- They give teeth a natural appearance.
- Well-tolerated by gums is porcelain.
- Veneers made of porcelain can withstand stains.
- You can choose a hue to make black teeth look whiter.
- They are typically stronger and have a better appearance than crowns while requiring less shaping.
Dental Veneer Risks
Downsides to dental veneers include:
- The procedure can't be reversed.
- Over composite resin bonding, veneers are more expensive.
- If veneers fracture or chip, they are typically beyond repair.
- Your tooth may become more sensitive to hot and cold meals and beverages since the enamel has been removed.
- It's possible that veneers won't exactly match your other teeth's colour. Additionally, once the veneer is installed, its colour cannot be changed. Prior to having veneers, you must whiten your teeth if you intend to do so.
- Veneers can come off and detach, however, this is unlikely. Avoid biting your nails, chewing on ice, pencils, or other hard items, or applying excessive pressure to your teeth in any other way to reduce the likelihood of this happening.
Dental veneers help in giving new look to your teeth , it helps you in increasing the life of your teeth and it lasts for long. So Find the top-rated dentists in Toronto
in order to get a good treatment book a online treatment .