Because young children like to chew on objects, publishing houses and children’s book printers mostly use environmentally friendly materials to print children's books. Eco-friendly printing has also become a major trend in the development of the entire children’s book printing industry. Due to its light weight and low price, light paper has become a new choice for children's book printing.
What’s light paper?
Light paper is light offset paper, which is a more eco-friendly paper. The transliteration of light paper is called Munkedal in Sweden. The light paper produced by a local paper company is also called Munkedal. When this paper was first introduced to China, it called " Monken" . Since it is the earliest light offset paper introduced in China, this type of paper is now habitually called Mengken paper (lightweight paper) in China. In frequently developed countries such as Europe, America and Japan, more than 95% of the books in bookstores are printed on this kind of paper.
Why use lightweight paper to print children’s book?
Check out the following introduction to find the answer
1. Light paper has better printing effect and lower cost than double offset paper. The price of light paper is lower than coated paper and double-coated paper, so the cost pressure of the publishing house will be less. The bulk of lightweight paper is very good, so this paper can replace the original high basis weight paper with the same thickness, thereby saving shipping cost.
2. The color is natural. Lightweight paper is made of chemical pulp without fluorescent whitening agent. It is milky white or light beige due to the addition of special dyes. Compared with ordinary coated paper and offset paper, the color of lightweight paper is darker and similar to the original color of wood pulp. It gives people a simple and natural feeling,children reading the books printed on light paper for a long time will not cause visual fatigue.So it is a good choice for children book printing.
3. Lightweight paper has good ink absorption capacity. Because there is no coating, the reflectivity of light paper is not high, and the absorption capacity of ink is relatively strong, and it is not easy to paste.
4. The paper has a long life and is environmentally friendly. Lightweight paper is chlorine-free paper, made of 100% pure chemical pulp, and does not contain components such as fluorescent whitening agents, so that the paper is slightly alkaline and can be stored for thousands of years without deterioration. Lightweight paper is not coated, mainly composed of fiber, calcium carbonate and water, does not pollute the environment, which is a eco-friendly paper.
5. Good texture and bulk, high opacity, good printing adaptability and reducibility of originals after printing.Good texture and lightweight but thick, the original color used can protect readers' eyes and protect eyesight from damage when reading.Use this kind of paper to print children’s book is more suitable.
6. Light paper has a very scratchy surface and a soft hand feel. When used for children’s book printing, its appearance, reading, use and preservation can all achieve ideal results.
7. The paper color of light paper conforms to the international trend of environmental protection that the whiteness of paper is not higher than 84 degrees. Using the original color can protect the eyes of human beings, especially children and the elderly, making them more comfortable when reading, not dazzling, not Fatigue, not hurt, has a certain effect on protecting eyesight.
Summary,lightweight paper high quality, light weight, low price, no fluorescent whitening agent, high mechanical pulp content, environmental protection and comfort.More importantly, use light paper to print children’s book are about four lighter than those printed on ordinary paper.That’s why use light paper is used for custom children’s book printing .