Crypto wallet apps are the gateway to creating a solid footprint in Web3 & the crypto investing world. But here’s the catch: just like one shoe size does not fit all, the crypto wallet that is right for you depends on what you want to do with your cryptocurrency and the type of safety net you want to have.
Things to Consider When Selecting a Cryptocurrency Wallet
When choosing a crypto wallet, it is vital that you think about why you are using crypto to begin with. That is because various wallets are made for various use cases. So, it’s wise to stick with an option that is congruent with the way you’ll be interacting with various cryptocurrency networks.
Here are a few questions you should have the ask yourself when picking your first wallet:
- How much cryptocurrency are you planning to store in the wallet?
- Are you only using Bitcoin?
- Do you need enhanced privacy features?
Note that security should be your top priority before you set up a crypto wallet as this software (or hardware) will be in control of your private keys.
What Are Private Keys?
These are the passwords to your cryptocurrency funds, which allows those funds to be sent to other users. Thus, control over the private keys means control over the money.
- Get to know about all types of crypto wallets.
- Decide upon the kind of wallet you want to use.
- Buy or download the wallet & install the software.
- Set up your account & security features.
- Deposit your cryptocurrency.
Once you follow these five steps, you’ll be well set in using the cryptocurrency in a safe & secure manner.
[Read full article here… https://blocktechbrew.com/how-to-set-up-a-crypto-wallet/]