“Scrum embraces uncertainty and creativity. It places a structure around the learning process, enabling teams to assess both what they’ve created and, just as important, how they created it. The Scrum framework harnesses how teams actually work and gives them the tools to self-organize and rapidly improve both speed and quality of work.” – Jeff Sutherland in Scrum- The Art of Doing Twice the Working Half the Time
What is Scrum?
Scrum is a management framework that teams in different organizations use to work towards a common goal. It is an iterative approach consisting of delivery of products in small packages called Sprints. Scrum framework is based on three pillars of principles- Transparency, Inspection and adaptation. A Scrum team is a cross-functional, self-managing and objective focused in nature. There are a few major roles in a Scrum Team that work towards the completion of a project. They are-
Who is a Scrum Master?
A Scrum Master is a professional who heads a team to implement Agile values and practices in a project to achieve the end goal. A Scrum Master is a facilitator and communicator within the team and also with other teams. They are responsible for correct implementation of Agile values for the success of the project.
Qualities of a Scrum Master
Being a Certified Scrum Master has its own set of responsibilities and to deliver them properly they have to own some qualities. There are many qualities that a servant leader i.e. a Scrum Master has but there are 5 top qualities that are must have-
- The ability to manage group and implementing the Agile values to get the project done.
- They must know how to resolve issues or remove blockages during the projects.
- Communication skills are a must for a Scrum Master as they have to manage the team and also report the progress to the stakeholders.
- The basic leadership qualities like decision making is a must for them.
- A Scrum Master must know how to collaborate with other teams and leaders for success of a project.