Traditionally, wine companies have approached marketing with a lack of sophistication, often utilising only conventional media channels with little thought or sensitivity towards their target audience. The allure of broad exposure has proved a powerful draw, outweighing the perceived need for accuracy. A notion that everyone who enjoys wine is part of the target audience exists, however it’s simply a poor excuse for lack of customer insight and a missed opportunity for wine brands. Pair this with an outdated marketing approach will ultimately blend a forgettable brand experience.
6 Things your wine brand should be doing this year:
- Start by developing a wine brand strategy
- Get crystal clear on who you're speaking with
- Ensure your brand speaks their language
- Refine your story
- Refine your branding to appeal to this audience
- Design your customer experience around their expectations