When fundraising comes to an end, the work begins. Whether your nonprofit is gearing up for another year of active fundraising or trying to maintain current levels of funding, it's important to keep donors engaged in the mission and your organization. Here are 5 tips to help you do just that:
- Set up a thank you program for individual donors. Thank every donor with more than one gift, large or small.
- Select gifts that appeal to your existing donor base and make the process of giving easy for them from start to finish.
- Create an automated welcome sequence for new supporters who have been referred by an existing donor, especially those who signed up at your events/activities or visited your site during fundraising appeals toward the end of the year.
- Send opportunity alerts and give supporters a chance to get on your mailing list at no cost; after they opt in, keep them engaged by sending a series of creative messages over time that give them something they can act on, whether they choose to donate or not.
- If a supporter doesn't give when your appeal comes through email, but you know she has recently made a gift, send her an email notification with links
We have shared the most efficient ways to engage donors. These are tested and proven tips from some of the most successful fundraising programs in the world.