Backend Application Development
The backend is called a data access layer, which works based on a server-side application. Backend developers usually help the application to host it. Some of the backend languages include Python, Java, and SQL. Usually, the work of the backend developers is invisible where they can maintain the server connected with the database has a which stores the data.
Which language is best for back-end development: Node JS Vs Python
What is Node JS?
What is Python?
Python was developed by Guido van Rossum. It is one of the high-level programming languages. Developers widely use Python as its syntax is simpler, and programmers can quickly develop the concept using lesser code. The code in Python is based on C. Its default implementation is using the C language.
Languages Used for Backend Development
Some of the familiar languages used for backend development are,
- C #
Skills required for backend development
- Well versed in a backend programming language
- Communication and problem-solving skills
- Familiar with algorithms, data structure, and popular framework
- The concept of API, Database, and Server should be known
Advantages of Using Python
The syntax is simpler and is similar to the English language.
- It is an open-source and portable language
- It provides wide library support to the users.
- Many developers choose python for machine learning purposes
- There is an availability of online tutorials, and courses that help to learn effectively.
- Python community which makes the language a powerful one.
- The user-friendly language is easy to learn, read and write.
- Python has fewer lines of code
The two familiar tools used in Python are Django and Flask
Advantages of Node JS
- It is faster in performance and reliability for both client-side and server-side application
- It crosses a billion downloads due to its vast usage and millions of websites using this technology
- The familiar companies which use Node.js are Amazon, Netflix, and PayPal.
- Some of the applications of node.js are Yahoo, PayPal, Mozilla, Go Daddy, and Uber.
- Using Node.js one can create real-time applications, real-time chat, Microservice Architecture
- Highly scalable for web applications
Some of the tools used in Node.js include,
Express. js- It is used for creating web and mobile application
Meteor- It is a framework used in IOS, Android, and web
Koa. js- Used for creating Application Program Interface which is smaller and reduces the error. It is called a next-generation framework.
Electrode. js- It was created by Walmart.React.js and Node.js is a popular tool used in this.
Broccoli- It is based on the ES6 module
Web pack- It simplifies and makes the application deployment easy.
Applications developed using Python
Some of the applications developed using Python are given below:
Applications developed using Node.js
Some of the applications developed using Node.js are as follows:
- Go, Daddy
Usually, the node.js application works much faster than Python. The performance and speed of node.js are greater than Python. Node.js is popular for the past four years and competes still now.