If you’ve learned about what concierge medicine entails and you know that you want personalized care, the next step is figuring out the price tag.
In this article, we’ll briefly outline the ins and outs of concierge rates and how to find the best value. If you want more information about concierge medicine in Naples, get in touch with Beyond Concierge Medical Care.
The Cost of Concierge Medicine
The cost of concierge medicine greatly varies. For example, some might pay as little as $1,200 per year, while others pay up to $10,000 per year. The average is anywhere between $1,500 and $2,500. This is the membership fee.
Along with the membership fee comes charges for clinical care that concierge medicine provides that mirrors a traditional healthcare practice. That clinical care isn’t covered by insurance in the same way it is at a traditional practice.
Managing the Cost
Whatever your personal cost of membership may be, there are ways to manage it. These methods include:
- Adding family members to your plan.
- When the whole family works with the same concierge doctor, you may be eligible for a family discount.
- HSA/FSA options.
- Health savings accounts (HSA) and flexible spending accounts (FSA) might work with concierge care. Medical services typically apply in the same manner that a copay or a prescription for traditional care would – check with your insurance provider.
- Employer benefits.
- Your place of work might be willing to offset or cover some of the membership and physical costs of concierge care.
- When compared to other expenses, concierge care is quite affordable – and it comes with exclusive benefits. Take a look at your finances to see where you could cut back in order to make room for concierge medicine.
Concierge Medicine and Insurance
Many concierge practices work with traditional health insurance companies, but the key is to do research to see if a practice works with your specific carrier. Check to see if they take government plans, like Medicaid and Medicare, as well.
When you’re doing research on concierge medicine, it’s important to read the fine print. Make sure the practice is a concierge practice rather than “direct pay care,” which follows a concierge model but doesn’t work with insurance or government plans.
Beyond Concierge Medical Care
At Beyond Concierge Medical Care in Naples, Dr. Linda Lucombe prioritizes your health. To learn more about our services, get in touch with us today.